Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BUZZLIGHTAIR
Paper Tape
Views: 201
Message 1 of 5

lenovo l-a690

hi im having issues working out what a graphics card to get for for an old pc i have and breath it some new life the motherboard is 

lenovo l-a690

and the cpu is 

AMD 64 X2

thank you.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 173
Message 2 of 5

Re: lenovo l-a690

Does the motherboard run enough that you're able to get into the BIOS, or run Windows to run a Sys Info, to determine the system model number? 

ThinkCentre A61 9129?

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
EyeDeeNo
WWAN
Views: 149
Message 3 of 5

Just going by the AMD Athlon 64 X2 dual-core processor from ten years ago I say your best bet would be to look at getting a legacy BIOS (non UEFI) graphics cards and depending on power supply both wattage output plus age of the unit will determine what tier or level of card you can install.

May want to consider replacing the power supply as power supply output and thresholds erodes over time and discrete graphics cards will take a bit of current to run properly especially the older ones.

BUZZLIGHTAIR
Paper Tape
Views: 127
Message 4 of 5

i am unable to reach bios the pc boots up but will not display

BUZZLIGHTAIR
Paper Tape
Views: 126
Message 5 of 5

i will look into that. thank you