Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 8,439
Message 1 of 12

lost my rescue and recovery partition

hi guys i use a lenovo 3000h series desktop and i have lost the rescue and recover partition due to an incorrect partitioning during suse linux installation i see that rescue and recovery software is available as download for lenovo j series 3000 desktops i wonder if i could download and use it pls help me people!!!!
Lenovo Employee Myles_Lenovo
Lenovo Employee
Views: 8,430
Message 2 of 12

Re: lost my rescue and recovery partition

Rescue and Recovery is not supported with the Lenovo 3000 H Series products. The 3000 H Series systems came with a program called One Touch Recovery. One Touch Recovery is not available for download, but if you may be able to get assistance from the Lenovo Support Center.

List of support phone numbers for Lenovo 3000 J Series desktops:
http://www.lenovo.com/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-63260
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 8,409
Message 3 of 12

thnx but i use a lenovo 3000h series system so....coud you kindly sujjest whether i can use lenovo care or other thinkvantage technologies on my system i would like to use this oppurtunity to request the administrator of the website to see whether the same
excellent think vantage technologies provided for j series systems can be provided for 3000h systems as well this is my humble request to the administartors to look into because i believe every lenovo pc has the right o have excellent software not only a selected few
Lenovo Employee Myles_Lenovo
Lenovo Employee
Views: 8,354
Message 4 of 12

I am sorry, but the ThinkVantage Technology applications, including Rescue and Recovery, will not function with your Lenovo 3000 H Series system. These applications do function with the vast majority of our products. Unfortunately, your H Series system is not one of them.
eng223
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 8,324
Message 5 of 12

Hey just a thought, maybe yours is like our 3000k100 and the software is on a hidden partition? Maybe...
Lenovo 3000K100 Intel Core2 Quad Vista Home Premium BFG 8800GT-OC 512MB PCIe 500GB SATA HD 4GB PC-5300 DDR2 DVD +/- RW DL x2 SATA Creative X-FI Pro + Mods
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 8,318
Message 6 of 12

ok but i still think evry once should have some kind of a technological factor to enjoy after all all of us use lenovo pc's right??any way ill consider it as my bad luck
eng223
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 8,304
Message 7 of 12

Well as you read in the other fourms we have all had problems with Lenovo Software not being backed up on a CD/DVD for the consumer like OTHER computer companies. Lenovo will not support software only hardware. (really stinks)

We have been able to find the hidden partition that the software is on and even access it using the OneKey during Bios boot (read the forum) and have even gotten back the software but are still having problems backing it up no thanks to Lenovo. Good luck and hope this bit of info helps.
Lenovo 3000K100 Intel Core2 Quad Vista Home Premium BFG 8800GT-OC 512MB PCIe 500GB SATA HD 4GB PC-5300 DDR2 DVD +/- RW DL x2 SATA Creative X-FI Pro + Mods
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 8,301
Message 8 of 12

i tried to hide the hidden partition but in vain................all i want is that i wanna get the same benifits that other lenovo customers get like lenovo care with various technologies like system rejuvination,and other stuff after all thats why i have brought a lenovo pc coz i found them state of the art not only in design and form factor but also the tech goodies it provides.unfortunatley its not so good as it sounds lenovo should take a leaf out of dell or hp to provide customized help and support centre for windows xp instead of using the
help and support of xp(original one)
eng223
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 8,252
Message 9 of 12

Welcome to the real world... only thing I could suggest if you have a second computer is to get the SATA/EIDE to USB connector and use the second computer to scan the drive in question to find your items. Should boot into a spare drive so you can search arould like a big folder. Works well for XP but DOES NOT do well with Vista...  I got one from COOLMAX for under $20 and a second one from another company for under $40.  

Lenovo stinks on software support, it's only hardware that they care about. I still have not found the One Key software or Lenovo back up software to save.

again welcome to the real world...
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 8,245
Message 10 of 12

yeah i do have a compaq presario desktop as well so what do i do now??any way thnxs for the sujjestion iam in the REAL WORLD!!!!no where to go can we now eh?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors