Options

2 Posts

01-19-2021

United States of America

3 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 3

please help with lenovo desktop product family::H410 / MTM::77241au / CPU:PDC E5800 / Win 7 hp

2021-01-19, 4:42 AM

my grandmother just passed away and this is the only thing that she has left me but that has not yet been stolen by my  siblings but they have got the os all out of wack messing with things they didn't know about cause this pc has me stuck when i originally booted it it spent all night loading without success so i was going to try and boot it from a bootable win 7 usb since that is what the label tells me its equipped with so i changed the boot order in bios to boot from device and i had to leave for work any way make a long story short when powering on the computer my usb keyboard is no longer responding to the system witch is rendering me powerless to the software please help i use linux mint cinnamon as my main os on my personal computer and am curious as to if there is some way i can attach my linux mint laptop to the lenovo desktop win 7hp computer so that i can communicate with it i'm fairly new to technology and am eager to learn all that anyone is willing to teach but id really like to solve this problem if anyone can help me id be greatly appreciative thanks and god bless

P.S

and if it helps any i know it worked two weeks ago cause she was playing her pinochle on it also im not worried about saving files or anything id just like for it to be opperational again

Options

1528 Posts

04-23-2019

United States of America

480 Signins

16688 Page Views

• Views: 16688
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:please help with lenovo desktop product family::H410 / MTM::77241au / CPU:PDC E5800 / Win 7 hp

2021-01-19, 18:44 PM

Hello @shadowbird,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I would like to clarify are you already able to boot into the machine?

You might want to try and install the keyboard drivers here: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/desktops-and-all-in-ones/lenovo-h-series-desktops/lenovo-h410-desktop/7724/77241au/downloads/driver-list/component?name=Mouse,%20Pen%20and%20Keyboard

Hope this helps.
Regards,
Jack_Lenovo1

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

2 Posts

01-19-2021

United States of America

3 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:please help with lenovo desktop product family::H410 / MTM::77241au / CPU:PDC E5800 / Win 7 hp

2021-01-22, 3:32 AM

yes sir but when i first brought it home it would only boot into the bios my brother said that right before she passsed away it would get stuck on the windows (four baby blue squares) screen and my usb keyboard actually worked to navigate that but without first educating myself a little further i didnt want to change any settings. and also i had to go to work but now my wifes telling me that it was on when she came in and the cat  was lying on my keyboard so i fear thats my lil cat has changed some setting in the bios but i tried to reset it via removing battery and reversing jumper for several sec but with no success and it was like i previously mentioned booting into the bios but now when i power it on it does everything exactley the same sounds from the fan hard drive and even light  at the power switch ive tried to download the repair usb or recovery usb from the website using my linux mint laptop but with no success so im lost for now but thanks for your advise its verry greatly appreciated thanks goodnight and ill check back in am before work and pm after work again thanks 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms