Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo DesktopsLenovo Desktop Towers
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

02-06-2009

sydney

2 Signins

13 Page Views

• Views: 13
  • Message 1 of 2

takes a million to start vista

2009-02-06, 10:59 AM

Brand new Q200 boughted on 1st Feb, 2009 

Core 2 Duad Q6600 2.4G, Ram 2G, 500G hard drive (100G for system C:), graphic ATI Radeon 2600pro

Windows vista home premium, upgraded to vista SP1.

it's amazing slow to start up (4+minutes) and close(2+minutes) my vista, altough it's fast after started. 

i have closed most of startup programs, done the defragmentation, disk clean, anti-virus process, etc.

it seems there must be some kind of conflicts between Vista and OneKeyRecover software(version 5.2).

the harddrive is quite noisy when i'm starting the computer, for a long time.

is that because of the prefetch funtion or virtual Ram, or instant recover & backup functions.

Can i only keep the base backup function while close instant recover and backup functions?

Thanks.

Options

25 Posts

08-27-2008

Wisconsin

30 Signins

216 Page Views

• Views: 216
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: takes a million to start vista

2009-07-05, 7:02 AM
IDK if this works for everybody but for shutdown I just used Tuneup Utilities 2009. I downloaded it and ran a few diagnostics and fixing apps from it and my PC went from shutting down in 5 minutes to 30 seconds. Did nothing for Bootup though. I highly recommend tunups. It fixes prblems you dont even know are there. Hope this helped.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms