02-03-2017

US

4 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 1 of 2

Computer Came Off Standby but Screen Remains Dark

2017-02-03, 3:12 AM

I have a H50-50 desktop that just went off warranty a month ago. I left it running while I ate dinner and when I returned half an hour later I pressed a key to wake it up from standby. The computer woke up but the screen stayed black.

I pressed the esc key, ect. and nothing happened so I pressed the power button in and manually shut the computer off, waited a minute and then restarted it.

The monitor screen showed the "Lenovo" name on a black background and the little wheel-like thing was spinning around, but then that went off and instead of the nice picture Microsoft provides the screen just stayed dark as the computer booted. I tried it a couple times with the same result.

It has Win10 with Intel core i3. The monitor is a Samsung with hdmi connection. Everything is plugged in.

Options

3 Posts

02-03-2017

US

4 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Computer Came Off Standby but Screen Remains Dark

2017-02-03, 18:12 PM
Update: This morning I unplugged every thing for several minutes and then gave it a try. To my surprise it booted into the desktop.

It now seems to work okay (although I haven't let it go on standby yet) but why it wouldn't bring up the desktop last night after coming off standby remains a mystery.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete