Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo DesktopsLenovo Desktop Towers
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

04-11-2017

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

2 Signins

37 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 37
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo H50 - Won't boot, black screen

2017-04-11, 15:22 PM

My other half has a Lenovo H50 tower which only shows a blank black screen. It wouldn't boot past the Lenovo logo a few days ago. Tried the Windows Troubleshoot options, all without success. Tried OneKey Recovery, supposedly successful. Still wouldn't boot past the Lenovo logo. 

In between the troubleshoot options and OneKey, I also tried a live USB (Ubuntu), because of course there wasn't a recovery DVD and I was still hoping to retrieve some files. GNU Grub couldn't find the EFI file on the Lenovo but was fine on all other computers we tried. Blamed it on Linux and ordered Windows 7. Inserted DVD, computer wouldn't boot from DVD (selected from boot menu). Fine, changed the boot order to DVD first.

Now I don't even see the Lenovo logo, it is just a black screen. I cannot get into the BIOS, which means I am not sure what my options are from here on. The H50 is only 15 months old, so if it is the hard drive, I'd be very disappointed.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Options

2954 Posts

02-22-2017

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1083 Signins

26243 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 26243
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo H50 - Won't boot, black screen

2017-04-12, 11:07 AM

Hello Broken_bottle

Thanks for using the Lenovo forums.

Try a static discharge for this, it may help to resolve the issue or at least get rid of any built up static on the motherboard.

1. Plug the cable into the socket and the machine.
2. Turn power off at the wall.
3. Hold down the power button on the front of the machine for 1 minute
4. Turn wall socket back on.
5. Turn machine back on.

If these steps do not work I would recommend, that you call your local Lenovo support line for a possible service. Below is the link to the phone list where you can find these numbers

Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.

==================================================================================
Did someone help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Pesszimistának lenni a legjobb, vagy igazad van, vagy kellemesen meglepődsz...
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms