Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo DesktopsLenovo Desktop Towers
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

11-20-2014

Vietnam

15 Signins

85 Page Views

• Views: 85
  • Message 1 of 4

Lenovo H500s stuck at Lenovo logo boot loop

2014-12-22, 5:32 AM
I've never had an easy use with this PC eversince I purchased it. It first rejected Windows 7 to be installed due to BIOS incompatibility which I had been warned before. I flashed the new BIOS version shared across the forum that worked for some people, it worked for me too.

Then just yesterday when I turned it on, it went into Lenovo logo for few seconds then restarted. It kept repeating the boot loop before I ran the power down to shut it completely. Already ran a system diagnose but found nothing. This already occurred before when I had to perform a windows fresh reinstallation for a constant fix, it runs normally for couple of weeks till yesterday when the problem came back.

Any ideas on what to do in this situation ?
Options

2426 Posts

08-11-2014

India

1941 Signins

27001 Page Views

• Views: 27001
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo H500s stuck at Lenovo logo boot loop

2014-12-22, 7:49 AM

Hi Warnbroom,

Welcome to Lenovo Community!

As per the query we understood that you are facing issue with system stuck at Lenovo logo in your Lenovo H500s laptop.

Try to remove the hard drive(HDD) and check for the issue if the system is able to boot to BIOS.

Hope this helps. Do post back if issue persists!

Best regards,   

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

3 Posts

11-20-2014

Vietnam

15 Signins

85 Page Views

• Views: 85
  • Message 3 of 4

2014-12-25, 9:25 AM
I haven't tried to remove the HDD but sent the unit to Lenovo Level 1 authorized service center. They ran the hardware diagnostic and reported nothing wrong with the hardware in general so I got it back.

Continued using it for a day then the problem came back, this time I figured it happened when the computer went to sleep mode by itself after a while not in use. When I started it out off sleep mode, it shut off then booted to Lenovo screen then restarted. I believe it only occurred when computer is in low power state mode, it's likely the HDD to cause it failed to boot up.

I'll try to remove the HDD and replace with another one to test it out tonight. Will also have to send it to official Lenovo service center to check.
Options

2426 Posts

08-11-2014

India

1941 Signins

27001 Page Views

• Views: 27001
  • Message 4 of 4

2014-12-26, 6:10 AM

Hi Warnbroom,

Please check with the other hard drive and reply with the results as this will help us know the exact issue, also try to swap the RAM in different slots and check as this could also be the issue with the RAM.

Hope this helps. Do post back if issue persists!

Best regards,         

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms