Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo DesktopsLenovo Desktop Towers
All Forum Topics
Options

7 Posts

06-08-2015

California

10 Signins

95 Page Views

• Views: 95
  • Message 1 of 3

Lenovo H535 Loud Beeping.

2015-06-08, 1:47 AM

I'm having a problem with my lenovo h535. It was working fine earlier. Then I took out the ram cards to try and upgrade them, but the ones I had weren't compatable so I put the old ones back in. After putting the original ram cards back, I turned it on and the computer started making loud beeps. It beeps 3 times and then does a longer beep. The screen stays black and the computer won't stop beeping. HELP  ):

Answer
Options

4308 Posts

11-18-2012

United States of America

9980 Signins

610541 Page Views

• Views: 610541

Re: Lenovo H535 Loud Beeping.

2015-06-08, 14:57 PM

Unfortunately for your model there isn't any listing for the Beep Error Codes.  Even looking at the generic IBM / Lenovo code listing doesn't have your combinations.  Since the last thing you were doing was swapping the memory modules I would go back in and try reseating the modules again.  You might have to use just a little extra effort to fully seat them.  When fully seated the little catches on the side will automatically come up and latch in place.  Also with the modules removed from their sockets, check the sockets with the aid of a flash light to see that no dust or debris fell into the socket and is preventing good contact. If there is dust or debris try blowing it out with some canned compressed air.  It is also possible that in handling the memory modules you got oil from your skin on the contacts.  Try wiping the module contacts with a lint free cloth and alcohol and the reseat the modules a couple of time to insure good contact.

If the beeping continues after cleaning and reseating the memory modules try clearing the CMOS.  Just unplug the system and remove the coin cell battery from the motherboard.  The coin cell's battery socket will have either a little tab that you press to eject the battery or a slot in which you can insert a small screw driver to lift the battery's edge.  Once the battery is removed, press the power button for 30 seconds.  Then reinstall the battery, plug in and try powering up the system to see if the beep codes are gone. 

Replies(2)
Answer
Options

4308 Posts

11-18-2012

United States of America

9980 Signins

610541 Page Views

• Views: 610541
  • Message 2 of 3

2015-06-08, 14:57 PM

Unfortunately for your model there isn't any listing for the Beep Error Codes.  Even looking at the generic IBM / Lenovo code listing doesn't have your combinations.  Since the last thing you were doing was swapping the memory modules I would go back in and try reseating the modules again.  You might have to use just a little extra effort to fully seat them.  When fully seated the little catches on the side will automatically come up and latch in place.  Also with the modules removed from their sockets, check the sockets with the aid of a flash light to see that no dust or debris fell into the socket and is preventing good contact. If there is dust or debris try blowing it out with some canned compressed air.  It is also possible that in handling the memory modules you got oil from your skin on the contacts.  Try wiping the module contacts with a lint free cloth and alcohol and the reseat the modules a couple of time to insure good contact.

If the beeping continues after cleaning and reseating the memory modules try clearing the CMOS.  Just unplug the system and remove the coin cell battery from the motherboard.  The coin cell's battery socket will have either a little tab that you press to eject the battery or a slot in which you can insert a small screw driver to lift the battery's edge.  Once the battery is removed, press the power button for 30 seconds.  Then reinstall the battery, plug in and try powering up the system to see if the beep codes are gone. 

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

7 Posts

06-08-2015

California

10 Signins

95 Page Views

• Views: 95
  • Message 3 of 3

2015-06-09, 0:01 AM

Your advice helped me get it working :) thanks!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms