Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team

Community Spotlight

Visit the Community Blog

Are you ready for Windows 10?

Get to know Windows 10
Visit the Windows 10 Support Center
Fanfold Paper
0 Kudos

Q700 - audio problem running DVD through HDMI cable

I'm not able to run DVD audio through my HDMI cable.  Problem happened out of the blue a few weeks ago - worked fine prior to that.  I called Lenovo and they sent out a tech to swap the drive - problem persisted.  The tech called Lenovo support and was on the phone for 2 hours doing various troubleshooting.  Their final answer was for me to run the audio using a different cable from the HDMI.  Their thought is that there is a known issue with the INTEL chip.  I asked to have it replaced and they refused to do that.  I asked for a refund, and they dropped the call when they attempted a transfer to another department.

So my question is this - Is anyone else having issues with running DVD audio through the HDMI cable? 

Keep in mind that it transfers CD audio, system audio & tv audio with no problems.

thanks

Paper Tape
0 Kudos

Re: Q700 - audio problem running DVD through HDMI cable

I am having the same issue . . . quite suddenly the sound stopped. First on the DVD and then altogether.  The various "standard" players - Windows Media Player, Quicktime, iTunes - all indicated the HDMI sound device didn't exit, was malfunctioning, or being used by another program.  Again, the HDMI sound went all at once.  Help!!!!

What's DOS?
0 Kudos

Same issue here on my newly bought Q700. I can see the video picture from Neflix DVD but no sound. So, sounds like I will have to use a different cable then HDMI. Or, perhaps just buy standalone player for $50.
To make things worth seems like my Q700's DVD drive broke and would immediately eject and DVD I'm putting into it. It's been less than a month old Smiley Happy
Blue Screen Again
0 Kudos

I use the Hdmi cable and get sound but had to go into the audio settings and tell it to enable sound on HDMI

Blue Screen Again
0 Kudos

I wil try mine immediately and see if it works