Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lukasz7x6
Paper Tape
Views: 3,940
Message 1 of 2

Controller problem

Hello,
I have a problem with left controller of my new WMR set. After turning on with windows button It buzz/blinks 3 times and turns off. I've changed batteries, reset controllers, reinstalled Mixed Reality portal, reconnected all devices to diffrent ports and nothing changed that.
How to reproduce:
1. Reset controllers by pressing pairing button and windows button for more than 5 seconds
2. Remove controllers from windows bluetooth devices
3. Disconnect WMR headset and restart PC
4. Pair controllers with Windows (turn on controller by pressing windows button, press for more that 3 seconds button for pairing device below batteries)
Result: Both controllers lights stable for few seconds, after that both controllers blinks every 3-4 seconds. In windows bluetooth devices you see on both controllers: connected (everything looks fine)
5. Now connect WMR headset
6. Both controllers start to blink randomly, according to documentation controllers are updeting firmware
7. After about 10 second left controller buzz/blink one time and after a second it buzz/blinks 3 times and turns off. Right controller is working.
Whenever you try to turn on left controller it behave the same: buzz/blinks 1 time and one second later buzz/blinks 3 times and turns off. In windows bluetooth devices it appear as paired, when trying to turn it on - status is changeing to "connected" for 5-7 seconds (what is intrusting, in Mixed Reality Portal I can't see that controller but for that 5 seconds I can move around using thumbstick) and then status is changed back to "paired".
Propably the firmware update process failed, is there any possibility to turn off firmware auto-update feature to see if it will be working?
Lukasz7x6
Paper Tape
Views: 3,871
Message 2 of 2

Re: Controller problem

Hello,

finally I have found solution on the other forum:

https://www.reddit.com/r/WindowsMR/comments/8gmohq/right_controller_not_working_after_update/dztjt1u...

so downgrade of WMR drivers to version 10.0.16299.1070 solved problem.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors