Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
T_L_Zsolt
Blue Screen Again
Views: 6,389
Message 1 of 17

Lenovo Explorer: HMD screen turns black randomly and only restarting helps

Hi everyone!

I just got my Lenovo headset recently (19 February 2018), the first day was amazing. The only unpleasant thing I noticed that my right controller tumbstick usually stuck when I push it forward. There was issues later on like the tracking of the headset was lagging sometimes, and shaky controller tracking but when it worked it worked moderately well. But since yesterday my screen randomly turns off in the middle of gaming. I found this forum conversation that describe the same what i experiencing : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-win_mixreal-win_mixissue/lenovo-explore....

I can still hear the sound. Everything fine in the preview if its turned on, only the headset screen turns black. I only can solve it if turn of the mixed reality portal and restart it.

My computer stats copied from the Windows Mixed Reality PC Checker:

Ok    Operating system    Windows 10 Fall Creators Update or later       

Ok    Graphics card       NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 (https://www.gigabyte.com/Graphics-Card/GV-N1080WF3OC-8GD#sp)                     

Ok    Graphics driver     23.21.13.8813 (WDDM 2.3)          

Ok    CPU                 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz        

Ok    RAM                 16 GB (DDR3)                                       

Ok    Disk space          13 GB (since that I freed up 30GB)
Ok    USB                 3.0+ (Axago PCEU-430R with RENESAS chip and extra SATA for power witch is plugged in)                                          
Ok    Bluetooth           4.0+ (LogiLink USB Bluetooth V4.0 adapter)

The mother board is: GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 (rev. 1.3) https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3-rev-13#ov

I usually use two 1920x1080 monitor but when Im playing vr games i disconnect the second monitor completely. Im not using a display port to hdmi adapter, the headset is plugged in the only hdmi port on the card.

Thank you for any help in advance. 

Admin: date of purchase edited
T_L_Zsolt
Blue Screen Again
Views: 6,274
Message 2 of 17

Re: HMD screen turns black randomly and only restarting helps

It seams like i can't edit my post, so i address a mistake in it. The date that I got the headset is 19 February 2018 not 19 February 2014. Sorry for the mistake. The problem is still present, some help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

T_L_Zsolt
Blue Screen Again
Views: 6,160
Message 3 of 17

The problem still stands. No solution or answer yet.

T_L_Zsolt
Blue Screen Again
Views: 6,014
Message 4 of 17

Atriya
What's DOS?
Views: 5,948
Message 5 of 17

Re: Lenovo Explorer: HMD screen turns black randomly and only restarting helps

I have the same problem - headset goes black randomly, only restarting WMR helps. Does Lenovo have no technical support at all, just these forums?

T_L_Zsolt
Blue Screen Again
Views: 5,893
Message 6 of 17

For me it seams like there is no support for this product. I was unable to get answers form the forum. In e-mail they just send me contacts of their random lenovo PC repair partners. And so far all of there partner replayed they do not support this product. Here's a post I started at Microsoft community: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-win_mixreal-win_mixissue/mixed-reality-.... It did not helped me, but you can give the suggestions a try. If you find a way to reach support (preferably by email) then will you help me too? I'm starting to be afraid in my country there is no support from lenovo even though according to Microsoft they is support for it.

Lenovo Employee G_Wilson
Lenovo Employee
Views: 5,443
Message 7 of 17

Hello,

This issue was brought up with our product team and we are looking into solutions. Would you mind answering a few follow up quesitons for us?

1. After you turned off the system idle settings in the OS, did the screen continue to go black when using Windows Mixed Reality, or only when using Steam?
2. Is you computer set to turn off the display after a period of time 'idle'?

Thanks!
Atriya
What's DOS?
Views: 4,803
Message 8 of 17

I switched from Apple USB-C to HDMI adapters to this one:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/surface-usb-c-to-hdmi-adapter/94chb2m80s54?activetab=pivot%3aoverv...

And that solved my problems. Just letting you know; thanks.

Maurice82
Paper Tape
Views: 3,493
Message 9 of 17

Are there any updates on this issue, a solution please?

I`m having the same issue for a while. HMD turns black while using it for videos or games. Sometimes the picture comes back when i shake my head one time hard to the left. I noticed device gets warm, too. Application is still running in windows and if you move the HMD the picture in the Monitor preview screen responce correct, but HMD Display is black (no power on the screen). Most cases only reboot solves the issue for a short while. Also noticed that my right controller takes a lot of batterie power. change it with a brand new battery, and you can see how it going down like after 15 min. Please advice ? Located in germany. Need a replacment or a repair.  

many thanks

Atriya
What's DOS?
Views: 3,485
Message 10 of 17

See my post above for a solution...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors