Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maurice82
Paper Tape
Views: 1,228
Message 11 of 17

Re: Lenovo Explorer: HMD screen turns black randomly and only restarting helps

I'm using a windows PC, and my HMD is connected to a RX580 AMD via HDMI. Don't have USB-C. It should work with the graphic card. latest drives. re-installed it  also Mixed reality driver without success.  Please help

T_L_Zsolt
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,215
Message 12 of 17

For me the problem nearly disappeared when I turned off the "allow the computer to turn off device to save power" for the driver in the Device Manager ("Device Manager>Mixed Reality devices", side note: some Windows updates can turn it back on), end updated to the latest Steam, Windows Mixed Reality for SteamVR. Also in SteamVR I set the turn off displays("Settings>Power Management>Turn off displays:") to the maximum value (I think 10 minutes"). Since that the random black screen only happens very rarely (2 times in the last three month) and it fixes it self in 1 or 2 sec (I'm not sure if this is the same issue i was facing before). I suspect for same reason the computer think the display is not moving and turns off the display to save power but I'm not sure. Hope this helps you.

Maurice82
Paper Tape
Views: 1,197
Message 13 of 17

Thanks for the reply. This option also doesn't work. Still getting black screens. I tried to find the field where i can raise a ticket for an repair order. But I'm stuck in a loop on the lenove support website. Can someone help me to solve this issue. Or tell me how i can open up a repair / exchange or even found back order for my lenovo glases on warrenty? 

MartinKlr
What's DOS?
Views: 1,115
Message 14 of 17

Could you find a solution for your problem? My Lenovo is having the same symptoms.

The support site say's that i still have warranty, but i can't get a repair ticket.

Cheapy-Cheap
Fanfold Paper
Views: 439
Message 15 of 17

Mine does the exact same thing! I have been waiting for a reply for months.

MartinKlr
What's DOS?
Views: 420
Message 16 of 17

Seems like we wont get any help Smiley Sad

fyander
Paper Tape
Views: 365
Message 17 of 17

I have had this same issue recently and for me I think I know what the cause is but not a good solution so perhaps this will help someone.  The issue for me seems to be static electricity is causing the headset to black out.  I had noticed that it happens more often when I get up or move around a lot.  The issue wasn't happening when the weather was more humid but is happening now that it is dry.  I also think my audio headphones have something to do with this as they act as a path for the shock to get into the headset.  I had noticed when the headset blacked out I heard a small pop but not that noticable and no other symptoms.  Since that started (and it got more dry) I have gotten static shocks around my audio headphones at the moment of blackout.  I tested the headset without headphones on and it seems more tolerante to static.  

My guess is the headset is insulated to prevent static from messing it up but when I put on audio headphones they are the path of least resistance.  This enables the shock to propagate through the audio connector and cause my blackout issue. 

Before this I tried changing the refresh rate but it made no difference and oddly enough when I start wmr with my computer set to 60 it says the hdmi cable isn't connected but then works fine at 90 and after that I can change back to 60.  Going to 60 made no difference with the blackouts anyhow so I just keep it at 90.

As others it keeps tracking but the screen goes black and after it blacks out the only thing I can do to get it to work again is close and restart wmr to get it back.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors