Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wozwasted
Punch Card
Views: 1,545
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Explorer broken hinge replacement

The Plastic hinge on my Lenvo Explorer Headset broke!
Lenovo sell a replacement set that includes the headband, foam, Scres & Hinges that costs around $130
The cheapest option I can find is if someone pays half for the kit and we get a hinge each.
I need the hinge over the right eye.

Anyone who needs the hinge over the left eye, if your interested we split the cost and get a hinge each.

or if anyone is scrapping their headset, and want to sell me thier hinge please contact me

wozwasted
Punch Card
Views: 1,483
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Explorer broken hinge replacement

Ive got an easy cheap fix... 1st go to youtube and look up how to fix broken plastic with supa glue and baking soda. Then... Remove 2 x screws holding on hinge and remove the swivel stud from headband. Wrap the stud with glad wrap to keep it clean. Hold the stud in place, sometimes you need to turn the stud to make it sit deeper. I suggest using surgical rubber gloves during this?Then apply spaglue and pat on baking soda. Keep applying glue and bakingsoda to build up the area. Soon after remove the stud so that it diesnt get stuck. Remove excess buildup with a razor blade while it hasnt fully cured, then file the rest. Make sure the hinge screw goles still line up and test that the headband wont touch while it moves to the flipped pos. Sooth it all off using straight supa glue and rub it smooth. Spray it black and Put it all back together (I had to loosen the other hing to get them both in place) Sofar its worked like new &  it seems stronger than the original and is barley noticeable. I hope this helps

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors