11-02-2019

GB

1 Signins

63 Page Views

• Views: 63
  • Message 1 of 5

Replacement Foam Eye Surround

2019-11-02, 22:11 PM

I have had this for about 6 months now and I am quite happy with it, unfortunatly in that time sometimes people have been rough with the headset and the foam is a little torn. I have have tried buying a generic replacement but I find it painful compaired to the original foam fitted to the headset.

How can I acquire a few new foam pieces to put onto the headset when they wear out?

I can only see a full replacement for the whole headband, which is not needed. I just need the soft foam that goes around the eyes.

Please could you help me.

Options

445 Posts

11-04-2019

US

169 Signins

12767 Page Views

• Views: 12767
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: Replacement Foam Eye Surround

2019-11-12, 12:08 PM

wrote:

I have had this for about 6 months now and I am quite happy with it, unfortunatly in that time sometimes people have been rough with the headset and the foam is a little torn. I have have tried buying a generic replacement but I find it painful compaired to the original foam fitted to the headset.

How can I acquire a few new foam pieces to put onto the headset when they wear out?

I can only see a full replacement for the whole headband, which is not needed. I just need the soft foam that goes around the eyes.

Please could you help me.

Welcome to Community Forums!

The item that you're looking for isn't available through our Lenovo site.

However, you can search for it on your end through other physical and online stores near your area though we cannot assure or guarantee to you if they'll be compatible with your Lenovo Explorer device itself.

Thanks!

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

1 Posts

12-10-2019

GB

1 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 3 of 5

Re: Replacement Foam Eye Surround

2019-12-10, 3:14 AM

, I too have the same problem, the foam is coming away.

It`s around 1/2 of the foam around the top to the right side of the nose piece.

I have looked for age's, around the net and phoning up computer retailers about foam pad replacements for my explorer.

I have had this headset, just under a year.

I find it a poor show for not having replacement parts.

I do hope you can rectify this issue I`m having.

This is my 1st time in purchasing a Leveno product and might be my last if you catch my drift.

Please, can you show this post to one of your managers so we don't have to escalate this problem?

I hope we can sort something out.

Kind Regard's

Charlie Simpson Retd Civil service.

(you can look up my email address in your database if you wish to keep this private)

Options

1 Posts

04-15-2020

US

2 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 4 of 5

Re:Replacement Foam Eye Surround

2020-04-15, 21:53 PM

I had the same issue so I bought this replacement from Amazon that's intended for the Samsung Gear VR: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XTP3GPV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's a little bigger than the original foam piece for the Lenovo but since it's all velcro, you can fidget with it until you get it right. A couple of notes on light leakage. You get a tiny bit of it from the sides but honestly I don't even notice it at all while in game. You might also get some in the nose area but if you adjust the piece little pieces by the nose area you can block out 100% of the light. When I first tried out this replacement I was a little bummed thinking I'd have that light leakage in the nose area but then I noticed it was coming in from a part that I could easily adjust with the velcro. I adjusted and bam, zero leakage!

Options

1 Posts

05-06-2020

US

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 5 of 5

Re:Replacement Foam Eye Surround

2020-05-06, 18:33 PM
Just order this based on your comment. It doesn't even remotely fit the Lenovo Explorer. Not sure if they changed it since you posted, but I can't recommend this for the LE.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete