Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fvfengineering
Paper Tape
Views: 1,793
Message 1 of 10

VR Explorer headset hinge cracked !!!

So the hinge on my headset has cracked on one side and has basically made it useless as it detatches from the headband very easily - I dont understand how this has happened as its well looked after and has not been dropped or damaged by me.

Its still in warranty but I cannot seem to create a ticket or contact anyone directly to sort this out can anyone tell me if this is a replacement unit or if it can be fixed? and if so how do I make this happen!

Thank you

Francis

Black_Light_ST
What's DOS?
Views: 1,714
Message 2 of 10

Re: VR Explorer headset hinge cracked !!!

same thing happend to mine, found that the part can be swaped out with only 2 screws so I'd be satesfied if I can get a way to recive some replacement parts.
also have a friend that got the same issue but on a DELL model of the Mixed Reality.
The fact that is breaks during normal usage is kinda bad, but it beeing easily replaceble is nice provided the parts would be easy to get a hold of.
I guess that's just how it is when the design itself relies on the properties of plastic to function.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,655
Message 3 of 10

What happens when you try to submit a support ticket? Have you tried doing it in another browser?

Hoov
Former Microsoft MVP - Consumer Security
SpywareHammer.com
Vince6381
What's DOS?
Views: 1,495
Message 4 of 10

Hi, same issue here. I was told by my retailer that it would not be part of the warranty, so the headset if f***d. It worked grat, to bad the plastic is so cheap... No more Lenovo for me !

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,482
Message 5 of 10

Have you tried contacting Lenovo? 

Hoov
Former Microsoft MVP - Consumer Security
SpywareHammer.com
wozwasted
Punch Card
Views: 1,149
Message 6 of 10

Same thing happend to me!

I contacted Lenovo and their replacement contains: 2 x Hinges, The Headband, Foam padding, The entire Head strap along with screws.

Their selling it for $145.

I explained all I need is the plastic hinge (expecting it to cost around $5), but they dont break up the set

Anyone stupid enough to pay that amount of money for an easily broken plastic hinge here is the part number: 01FJ212,

Headset Model number: G0A2

If Im going to pay that amount of money, I may as well put it towards a new Headset that doesn't have cheap easily broken plastic pieces that cost a fortune to replace.

wozwasted
Punch Card
Views: 1,148
Message 7 of 10

Which side is broken?
Lenovo sell a set that includes the headband, foam, Scres & Hinges.
The cheapest option I can find is if someone pays half for the kit and we get a hinge each.
I need the hinge over the right eye.
wozwasted
Punch Card
Views: 1,148
Message 8 of 10

Which side is broken?
Lenovo sell a set that includes the headband, foam, Scres & Hinges.
The cheapest option I can find is if someone pays half for the kit and we get a hinge each.
I need the hinge over the right eye.

mstroven
What's DOS?
Views: 988
Message 9 of 10

Same here.  Headset is fully functional, but low-quality hinge piece cracked after only a few weeks of occassionaly use.  It's incredibly short-sighted of Lenovo to not offer these plastic parts individually at a reasonable price...  Will definity afftect my choices regarding future purchases.

plehmann
What's DOS?
Views: 172
Message 10 of 10

well I left my where the sun  toasted the LCD via the lenses ....

its brand new and  IDK....sigh. I'l propb put it on ebay and see what I can get for it for spares

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors