Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 2,894
Message 1 of 9

IFA 2016: Hasselblad True Zoom Moto Mod

Pat_Box's pics here Smiley Happy

PS If you want him to ask or test something, post here!

ifa moto.jpgifa moto 2.jpgifa moto3.jpg

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate Messaging
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
Please do not PM me - questions belong in the forums. I will not respond to PMs. Thanks.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

Puppy
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,827
Message 2 of 9

Re: First peeks: Moto Z

The concept itself is very interesting. DPR hands-on preview is here https://www.dpreview.com/news/2224329976/hasselblad-true-zoom-moto-mod-hands-on-preview

The easy connectivity and sharing photos on Internet is added value for the target group of (young) customers. I am not sure whether they recognize the Hasselblad brand.

Given the total price of the (Andriod Smiley Frustrated) phone and the camera module it is still better choice to have a dedicated pro-compact camera with larger sensor and better (faster) lens. You can get F1.8 ones these days.

Lenovo Staff
Views: 2,807
Message 3 of 9

Re: First peeks: Moto Z

OK, thanks Puppy

Additional stuff about the MZ

http://shop.lenovo.com/gb/en/smartphones/moto/moto-z-play/

PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
Please do not PM me - questions belong in the forums. I will not respond to PMs. Thanks.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 2,773
Message 4 of 9

RE: IFA 2016: Hasselblad True Zoom Moto Mod

PS. This is a mod that you can attach to your phone to take really nice photos when you need to, or remove when you don't!

Photos courtesy again of Pat_Box

http://www.motorola.com/us/products/moto-mods/hasselblad-true-zoom

IMG_7366.JPGIMG_7373.JPG

Puppy
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,684
Message 5 of 9

Re: IFA 2016: Hasselblad True Zoom Moto Mod

Lenovo True Zoom-Moto Z-MotoMod: Snazzy Labs hates it!

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-True-Zoom-Moto-Z-MotoMod-Snazzy-Labs-hates-it.173064.0.html

Community Moderator
Views: 2,623
Message 6 of 9

It's probably better to look at a hands on preview from a respected photographer's site: DPReview. The preview is surprisingly positive, although the comments from photographers are rather more jaundiced.

----------------------------

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ...

Guru
Views: 2,495
Message 7 of 9

IFA 2016: Hasselblad True Zoom Moto Mod

First impression: Hasselblad True Zoom Moto Mod

I had the opportunity to use the Hasselblad True Zoom at the Launch Event and also at IFA 2016. As it's name suggests the "true zoom" adds a fantastic 10x optical zoom to the phone; which is quite spectacular.

I like that I would be able to take the zoomed-in photos while traveling, and I could immediately post them on social mediate, send via e-mail, or share with friends and family via internet messaging apps.

However, I am not yet certain if it offers anything more beyond the fantastic optical zoom. The reviews on the internet seem to suggest that the actual image quality is similar with the built in camera in the Moto phones.

Nevertheless, an optical zoom attached to a phone is remarkable! It makes a huge difference if your holidays' photos taken from 100m look as if taken from 10m, or if taken from 10m as if from 1m @ the same resolution.

Traveling for holidays to exotic destinations is very expensive, especially when traveling with a large family. Thus, the hefty price for what basically seems to be an optical zoom, suddenly seem more justifiable in context.

The Hasselblad True Zoom is a spectacular innovation, that seems to offer two types of added value (a) a 10x optical zoom attachable to a phone, and (b) a lot more convenience than using a phone and camera separately. 

Finally, at this moment the Hasselblad True Zoom seems to be only optimized for the mid-ranger Moto Z Play. The premium Moto Z and Z Force still need to be optimized for it and the photo quality might improve. 

Moto_Hasselblad.jpg

If the answer is interesting press the star below to give Kudos.

If your question is answered you can click ''accept as solution".

Guru
Views: 2,465
Message 8 of 9

This review from Android Authority is pretty neat:

If the answer is interesting press the star below to give Kudos.

If your question is answered you can click ''accept as solution".

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 2,084
Message 9 of 9
Moved:

Moto Z Play "materials" question

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals