Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 2,431
Message 21 of 76

Re: YOGA BOOK: Questions & Answers

Thanks for the answers, Pat. Much appreciated.

Good to know that GPS capability is included and independent of WWAN, so that when out hiking, it will be easy to jot down notes onto maps (using the Windows version and the Maps app of Windows 10, which has inking support built-in).

I assume that the version of OneNote that is supplied with the Book is the standard OneNote app included with Windows 10? That does not have the ability to convert handwriting to text, unfortunately. That capability requires the full OneNote 2016.

----------------------------

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ...

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 2,427
Message 22 of 76

One further thought about the dimensions of the Yoga Book: it's a pity that it seems to require non-standard size paper and pads (both of which I note on the Lenovo shop are stated as "coming soon" - never a good sign in my experience).

The Yoga 900s is of a size that a standard A4 piece of paper fits onto the keyboard. A Yoga Book of this size, taking A4 paper would seem to be a more attractive proposition.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ...

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 2,425
Message 23 of 76

BTW, 15 years ago IBM introduced the ThinkPad Transnote. It flopped, despite using US standard-sized paper and pads. Of course, technology has improved significantly since then, so I'm curious to see how the Yoga Book will fare this time around...

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 2,381
Message 24 of 76

Yoga Book Unboxing Video - presented by Gavin & Kevin! Smiley Happy

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee

SeniorGuru
Views: 2,363
Message 25 of 76

Thank you for this unboxing video and for the demonstratiung of the features of the yoga book. It is a very nice piece of hardware.
-= Always be yourself - unless - you can be NEGAN - then - always be NEGAN =-
Guru
Views: 2,342
Message 26 of 76

YOGA BOOK @ blog.lenovo.com

Lenovo Blog 1: Yoga Book: Confessions of a Tablet Doubter.

Lenovo Blog 2: First Tablet for Natural Sketching and Note-Taking

Lenovo Blog 3: The World’s Thinnest and Lightest 2-in-1

Lenovo Blog 4: Project Halo & the Next Generation of Keyboards

If the answer is interesting press the star below to give Kudos.

If your question is answered you can click ''accept as solution".

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 2,283
Message 27 of 76

I'm getting an error when I try to open the link for the third blog item:

An Unexpected Error has occurred.
Your request failed. Please contact your system administrator and provide the date and time you received the error and this Exception ID: 18133244.
Click your browser's Back button to continue.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 2,272
Message 28 of 76

It doesn't seem like a good idea to get ink all over the digitizer, so I also assume that I'll need to switch pen tips when I want to switch between writing directly onto the digitizer or writing onto a piece of paper placed on the digitizer?

Either that or buy an extra pen and clearly mark them according to their use...

Guru
Views: 2,261
Message 29 of 76

@gcoupe wrote:

It doesn't seem like a good idea to get ink all over the digitizer, so I also assume that I'll need to switch pen tips when I want to switch between writing directly onto the digitizer or writing onto a piece of paper placed on the digitizer?

Either that or buy an extra pen and clearly mark them according to their use...

Yes, indeed. You need to switch the "digital pen tip" for the "pen refill" within the same pen. I will try to take a picture of this and of how the refills look like. 

I also want to ask about (a) converting handwriting to text, (b) exporting writing to other formats than PDF, e.g. jpeg., (c) if external mouse/keyboard can be connected.

As for someone who likes writing with a good pen on real notebooks, the "ink refills" did seem to me to be of  quite a bad quality (e.g. like the free hotel or conference pens).

For me, one of the key advantages of the design that nobody speaks about is the ability to use the tablet in the YOGA laptop shape, stand shape, tent shape, and table shape. 

P.S. Linked to blog 3 fixed; I think I double inserted the link ctrl-v twice.

If the answer is interesting press the star below to give Kudos.

If your question is answered you can click ''accept as solution".

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,247
Message 30 of 76

@pat_box wrote:

I also want to ask about (a) converting handwriting to text, (b) exporting writing to other formats than PDF, e.g. jpeg.,

That was my question as well.

Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2006-2016 / Windows Insider MVP 2016-
I am not employed by Microsoft or Lenovo.

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals