Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Guru
Views: 2,116
Message 31 of 76

Re: YOGA BOOK: Questions & Answers

@Bugbatter wrote:

@pat_box wrote:

I also want to ask about (a) converting handwriting to text, (b) exporting writing to other formats than PDF, e.g. jpeg.,

That was my question as well.

Yes, indeed, that question originated from you ;-) I am noting down all the questions that appeared on the forum, and this one came from you. If there are any other questions, let me know, I might be at IFA 2016 tomorrow, so I can ask anything. 

If the answer is interesting press the star below to give Kudos.

If your question is answered you can click ''accept as solution".

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 2,104
Message 32 of 76

From the 3rd blog link:

"The hinge design was also put through a continuous cycle of opening and closing the tablet 25,000 times to ensure it would survive everyday use."

I hope this means that Lenovo has solved the issue of the watchband hinge caps coming off, as is depressingly familiar on earlier iterations of the hinge...

----------------------------

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ...

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,093
Message 33 of 76

Yoga Book is a "Best of Show"! Way to go! SmileyThumbUp.gif

http://www.digitaltrends.com/features/top-tech-of-ifa-2016-award-winners/

Deutsche Community Comunidad en Español English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество Communidade Portugues

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please click the "Accept As Solution" button.

I am not employed by Lenovo or Microsoft. I am a volunteer.

SpywareHammer

o_p
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,023
Message 34 of 76

Two questions about the yoga book:

1. How audible is the halo keyboard's haptic feedback (e.g. measured in sone)? Is it possible to tune it or switch it off completely?

2. Is the Android version rootable?

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 2,015
Message 35 of 76

To quickly answer your two questions o_p,

1. The haptic feedback is similar to what you get on a cellphone. It is not disruptive and it least for me it didnt bother me.

2. No, Lenovo Product manager was very explicit in saying this would not be supported, and keep in mind that though the inner components are the same, the keyboard has different keys designed for each version.

Miguel 
Community Service Readiness, Spanish, Smart Device & Gaming Community Leader

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська  Moto English

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 2,006
Message 36 of 76

Pat, I'm late with this question, so perhaps it needs to be picked up by someone else...

The press materials for the Yoga Book make mention of special software to tune the keyboard typing experience. Is that Android only, or is there also a version for the Windows Yoga Book?

Thanks.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ...

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 2,002
Message 37 of 76

Hi All,

I was also one of the fortunate people who got to hold and use this device.

Got to talk to one of the Product managers and he gave us a pretty good rundown of the device:

My Impressions:

Optimized-IMG_2487.JPG

The device is sleek and attractive. When you look at it immediately you can tell that it is a premium product. Picking it up you can see how light and thin it is. The thinness is 9.6 mm total thickness and with a chassis made up of aluminum magnesium alloy it weighs only 690g.

The classic Yoga hinge has been re-engineered to fit this small device. Instead of the usual 4 Rods, they reduced it down to 3 with 9 gears sets and 130 moving parts. One cool thing we learned from the Product Manager is that the hinge is tested for a total of 25k opening and close cycles.

Optimized-IMG_2490 1.JPG

The notepad that comes included with the device is more than just a simple notepad. The notepad is actually magnetized and it sticks to Wacom lower screen so that you can type more comfortably.

It is important to stress that you can use any piece of paper and not just what Lenovo offers.

Optimized-IMG_2494 1 (1).JPG

Writing on the device is incredible as absolutely everything is captured. There is also very little delay, as soon as you write it picks it up.

The devices comes with a Wacom pen and it has 2 different sets of tips. One is a tip to write directly on Wacom tablet and the other one is an ink tip and it is used to write on paper. The product manager was very clear to mention that it is not Lenovo proprietary technology which means that you can buy ink replacements in places like amazon etc.

Optimized-IMG_2500 1.JPG

On the floor Lenovo actually had a caricature artists making cartoons of any guests that cared to sit.

It was great to see how easy it was for him to draw on the device.

I asked him what he thought of the device and he said that Lenovo sent him one a week before and in no time he was able to get used to the device.

Overall the device is something to look forward to and at 499 USD for Android and a little over 500 USD for the Win 10 edition it is a steal.

Miguel 

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська  Moto English

o_p
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,981
Message 38 of 76

Thanks for the quick reply, Miguel_Lenovo. Even an unrootable Android will be plenty useful.

My latest 15" ideapad recently broke after hitting the floor Smiley Sad, so I'm looking into getting a new, leaner machine for software development on the go.  Apart from the slow-ish CPU (which I'm OK with, not going to compile GCC on that thing) and the keyboard (which I haven't had a chance to test yet) the specs are much in favor of this being an awesome device for this purpose, especially given the pricetag. If I manage to get one I'll certainly post my findings.

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 1,982
Message 39 of 76

o_p,

I think the keyboard is something that you would get used to. I was able to pick it up and just go... though many people are a bit slow because they feel they need to look down and press the "keys" slowly. If you write as you would normally then it becomes a much easier task. I think within a few days of use you would be acclimated. 

Miguel 

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,962
Message 40 of 76

Miguel, thanks for the video with the (depressingly young) Product Manager. It was informative. I note that he said that the product is aimed at 15-35 year olds. Since I'm almost 70, I guess I should move on and look at something else...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals