Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ralexand56
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,053
Message 61 of 76

Re: Lenovo Yoga Book: clarification on pen input for the screen panel

Interesting. A guy in the UK said he had the wifi version.

Guru
Views: 5,028
Message 62 of 76

@ralexand56 wrote:

Interesting. A guy in the UK said he had the wifi version.

From what I know, all the models sold  are supposed to have both WIFI and mobile internet! There is a nano SIM card slot for the mobile internet. Before buying check the tech specs in the store, though, to be sure.

Here is the trick! -> The TESTING models that were used for the IFA 2016 trade show (and some of it might have gone to journalist or expert for testing and reviews as well) did NOT have the SIM card option enabled.

If the answer is interesting press the star below to give Kudos.

If your question is answered you can click ''accept as solution".

o_p
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,009
Message 63 of 76

Here in Germany there are Wifi and LTE versions sold separately. I have looked at the Wifi version and haven't found a SIM card slot.

ralexand56
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,005
Message 64 of 76

Do you know the price difference? Wonder why Lenovo hasn't been more clear about the situation here in the US.

Guru
Views: 4,966
Message 65 of 76

There is just 1 official hardware configuration and it includes the nano-SIM card. Just look at the Lenovo store if in any doubt! The pricing in Europe is EUR 499 with Andorid, and EUR 599 with Windows. The pricing in the US is USD 499 with android and USD 549 with Windows.

The card tray includes one opening for the Micro SD and one opening for the NANO sim. That is the official model that is being sold. The testing models that had wi-fi only, had the same card tray as the official model, but the plastic slot for the sim was not cut out (it was still full)

And the officially sold model of Yoga Book is currently at pre-orders and will start shipping October 17. The only difference between the models is Windows vs. Android, local keyboards, and 3 difference colors although the Windows version might only be available in one color.

If the answer is interesting press the star below to give Kudos.

If your question is answered you can click ''accept as solution".

Former Employee
Views: 4,929
Message 66 of 76

Re: IFA 2016: YOGA Book

Customers have asked whether they will be able to take notes on the haptic keyboard on the Yoga Book with Windows while it is in sleep mode. Unfortunately, it will not due to technical limitations.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Android-Yoga-Series-Tablets/Why-Can-t-I-Take-Notes-On-A-Yoga-Book-With-...

Thank you,

ralexand56
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,923
Message 67 of 76

Re: IFA 2016: YOGA Book

boooooo!

ralexand56
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,849
Message 68 of 76

http://www.theverge.com/2016/10/17/13289506/lenovo-yoga-book-review

WTH! This review says there will be no sim card slot for the US version. Really think this is misleading marketing by Lenovo because they taughted this when introducing the product. Does anyone know the situation because I need to cancel my order if there isn't a SIM card slot.

And can someone update these tech specs to make it clear the US models don't support 4G/LTE: http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/tablets/lenovo/yoga-book/yoga-book-windows/#

Utarp
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,710
Message 69 of 76

Re: IFA 2016: YOGA Book/Wo kann ich das Handbuch runterladen?

Wo kann ich das Handbuch zum Yoga Book runterladenß

Where can I download the manual for the Yoga Book?

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 4,707
Message 70 of 76

Re: IFA 2016: YOGA Book/Wo kann ich das Handbuch runterladen?

English user guide here.

German user guide here.

----------------------------

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals