Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
i2000s
HDMI
Views: 2,203
Message 11 of 32

Re: Questions, questions - IFA 2016

@i2000s wrote:

Given the Kaby Lake CPU series are releasing, are there any new Thinkpad products releasing in IFA or soon? Thanks.

Could anyone answer this question posted earlier?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
TPs own: X31 (2003), X61T, X200T, Tablet 2, P50 (2016); Win XP-10, Ubuntu8.04-16.04.
Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 2,203
Message 12 of 32

@i2000s wrote:

@i2000s wrote:

Given the Kaby Lake CPU series are releasing, are there any new Thinkpad products releasing in IFA or soon? Thanks.

Could anyone answer this question posted earlier?

Hi

Unfortunately it doesn't seem so, based on the lineup.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
Please do not PM me - questions belong in the forums. I will not respond to PMs. Thanks.

simoniz
Punch Card
Views: 2,213
Message 13 of 32

Does the new Yoga 910 come with support for active stylus.  This is a feature that would really appeal to a lot of people, but the information released so far doesn't mention anything about active stylus/pens.

puntohgt2008
HDMI
Views: 2,091
Message 14 of 32

IFA has no Think Product displayed but featured are the new Yoga lineups, the amazing Phab2Pro, the Moto Z inc. Mods as well as the Y gaming series.

1. Could you give detail on availability for Phab 2 Pro and Moto Z on German (as well as worldwide) release?

2. Can you point out for Yoga Book what is benefit of using Android or Windows version? I would chose windows as it is a notebook. Why should I take android?

ƃuıʞʇɟıɹp
Puppy
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,080
Message 15 of 32

@puntohgt2008 wrote:

Why should I take android?

Because it is $50 cheaper. You will get fully insecure dumb "OS" beyond repair and dependency to Google company Smiley Frustrated

My guess is that Google actually pay OEMs (like Lenovo etc.) to push that Android thing because it helps them to make money by spying users and sell the targeted ads, which is the only Google income. If I have to trust a software/cloud vendor to share my digital life data with, it can never be Google. I still trust Microsoft much more.

Microsoft wants a small amout of money for Windows 10 license. It was different with Windows 8.1 with Bing edition that was free for OEMs, that's why there were so many cheap Windows 8.1 tablets in the past. I rather pay small amount for reliable and secure by design OS.

Views: 2,059
Message 16 of 32

@puntohgt2008 wrote:

2. Can you point out for Yoga Book what is benefit of using Android or Windows version? I would chose windows as it is a notebook. Why should I take android?

Please also take a look at the entire discussion regarding Yoga Book on this thread, there is a lot of information: link.

Regarding Android vs. Windows: I spent a lot of time with the product and the Yoga 900 product team and these are my subjective conclusions:

Almost everybody I spoke to agrees that Android gives you a better tablet experience because there are more apps optimized for touch or tablet on Android. They also slightly customized the android in a cool way, so for example, it has a taskbar, or can be used with a mouse. It is probably the best Android tablet on the market; depending what you are looking for but for me it is. It also has GPS, mobile internet, all you need on the go.

Regarding Windows 10, indeed this is also probably the best Windows 10 tablet, but it is not the best Windows 10 PC or ultrabook. You could, however, load MS Office on the Windows 10. Clearly, Windows 10 has many advantages of being a PC operating system. So Android gives you the better tablet experience (probably can't get a better Android tablet at the market), and Windows gives you a tablet with a PC operating system, cool.

P.S. Regarding the release in Germany of Yoga Book, we do not know, but there are some indications the product has been already shipped to some retailers with German keyboards, so yeah, maybe immediately after IFA. Note that the keyboard is hardwired, and you likely can buy it in Germany with a German keyboard. 

If the answer is interesting press the star below to give Kudos.

If your question is answered you can click ''accept as solution".

puntohgt2008
HDMI
Views: 2,024
Message 17 of 32

I See. So I should check both for best user experience.

A dual boot system there might be a good idea as both worlds on this device have its benefits Smiley Happy

Availability on the market is a crucial thing as if something like this is shown to public all want it.

We'll see how it goes on.

Regarding smartphones:

The German market is hard but I want to see Phab2Pro and MotoZ kick Apple and Samsung as hard as possible. And it is possible Smiley Happy

ƃuıʞʇɟıɹp
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 2,007
Message 18 of 32

@simoniz wrote:

Does the new Yoga 910 come with support for active stylus.  This is a feature that would really appeal to a lot of people, but the information released so far doesn't mention anything about active stylus/pens.

The reason that the information says nothing over pen support is because the Yoga 910 does NOT support Lenovo Active Pens.

----------------------------

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ...

Puppy
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,989
Message 19 of 32

@gcoupe wrote:

The reason that the information says nothing over pen support is because the Yoga 910 does NOT support Lenovo Active Pens.

There are separate articles on Lenovo blog about these new products. What about a single comprehensive article having a table with all these information what is supported or not ?

Community Moderator
Views: 1,980
Message 20 of 32

@pat_box wrote:

Regarding Windows 10, indeed this is also probably the best Windows 10 tablet...

Hmm, I think many would be prepared to argue with you about that Smiley Happy It's different, I grant you, but "best"?

----------------------------

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals