Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WrightWells
Fanfold Paper
Views: 872
Message 21 of 27

Re: The Lenovo YOGA Book C930

I ordered on 8th Sept, I received an email last week saying that delviery should have been stated as 4-5 weeks. however due to component shortages it will not be shipped until the end of this week.
I'm waiting........
tnt2077
Paper Tape
Views: 643
Message 22 of 27

I ordered mine on 10/5/18 from BestBuy, received it on 10/15/18. Think I just got lucky, moments after I placed my order it showed as sold out. This is the 256 gig model. Last time I checked they still show this model as sold out, and the 128 gig model as coming soon.
WrightWells
Fanfold Paper
Views: 638
Message 23 of 27

So what do you think? 

Is it worth the wait. 

tnt2077
Paper Tape
Views: 611
Message 24 of 27

Not such a simple question. Short answer - for me yes. Hardware wise this is amazing, just beautiful. So much potential, but it feels under realized on the software side. The keyboard works better than I expected, and writing on the e Ink display feels great, very little lag, and easy to paste your handwriting as text into applications such as OneNote, which is my primary application for this device. Of course this is a capable, reasonably powerful, and very portable computer aside from its unique abilities. However what you can do with the e Ink display is limited. As well as the keyboard and inking work, the interface is sluggish at best and limited. I believe this is a work in progress and I am OK with that. As far as reading documents go it seems the functionality is more of a placeholder for things to come. At least I hope it is. Right now it can open a PDF, which has some use to me as I can print any document to PDF and display it but I would like to see wider format support. Actually I hear it is coming, and am looking forward to that. Of course a killer app for this device would be a Kindle reader but that may just be wishful thinking on my part and I didn't buy this device with any expectation of that happening. All that said I am impressed with what Lenovo has managed to achieve here, and am absolutely happy with my new machine....except the fingerprint reader, which is basically useless; hopefully they can address this with a software update.
WrightWells
Fanfold Paper
Views: 511
Message 25 of 27

Thanks for taking the time to give your view, that's sounds very promising and I think I have the same views about the e-ink reader hopefully improving 

Mine has now shipped so I'm looking forward to it  

Cheers 

fscc04
Blue Screen Again
Views: 260
Message 26 of 27

Dear Lenovo Yoga Book team,

Hello! I’m Raine, currently residing in Japan but originally from the Philippines. 

Im a huge fan of Yoga Book. I am saving up to buy the newest Yoga Book that will be released in Japan in December this year. 

I wanna say thank you for the hard work you have put to create an undoubtedly innovative product and a game changer. Keep up the good work!!

Also, I would like to (humbly) share my ideas for Yoga Book. I’m certainly not a genius tech like you guys but I thought it could give you some ideas to make the product better.

I have watched a few yogabook unboxing reviews today from Yoga Book, Yoga A12 and the new C930. I noticed that the main deal breaker was the keyboard (not comfortable to type in long time). 

I made add a drawing of my keyboard concept.

Since we can customize the keyboard now, I thought maybe we could also CUSTOMIZE the LAYOUT Smiley Happy and also thought of maybe we don’t have to constantly raise our fingers above the touch panel and take off that finger-hand exhaustion. So I thought of the SWYPE FEATURE that my android phone have with predictive feature and autocorrect. It is so much better to use than tapping the screen. Since swiping keyboard shouldn’t require so much space, then I thought of a BIG TRACKPAD since everyone is complaining about the small trackpad in the 1st version. And size and positions on the e ink display is customizable. You can also add other layouts that would suit different users (gaming, coding?, or users can choose what keys will be in or out in their keyboard)

That is my idea. Hope it would help you somehow to solve the keyboard issue. 

Im excited what you guys will come up again soon! Thank you so much for coming up with better products everytime.

D8280F69-DEFE-4A7B-B8AA-E64AE0B35794.jpegYoga book ideas

Highlighted
blackofe
Paper Tape
Views: 229
Message 27 of 27

this is what i was talking about. it would be a great idea to provide an API or some tools to change standard keyboard layouts or create new ones. i can even imagine a layout for a DJ (turntables, knobs, faders, etc.)!

lenovo yoga book C930 is a great and innovative product. let's make it even better!

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors