Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
Message 1 of 2 (1,353 Views)

110-151BR - Memory Card Slot Not Functioning (Brand New Computer)

[ Edited ]

(NEWBIE/FIRST POST)

I just purchased a brand new Lenovo 110-151BR (Model 80TT) Computer from the Best Buy retailer yesterday (October 4 2016).  Everything works fine so far except the computer Memory Card Slot (SD/SDHC/SDXC/MMC) does not recognize any of my personal SD/SDHC Cards.  All the SD/SDHC cards are valid and working due to the fact that my two older computers recognize the same identical SD/SDHC cards with no problem that I am using on the Lenovo 110-151BR (Model 80TT) Computer.  I currently have all the latest Windows 10 software drives installed.  Is there a driver I can download off the internet or from the Lenovo support area before I return this brand new computer back to Best Buy?

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

Blue Screen Again
Message 2 of 2 (1,341 Views)

Re: 110-151BR - Memory Card Slot Not Functioning (Brand New Computer)

[ Edited ]

I FINNALLY figured it out; here is the fix:

As of October 5 2016 - Problem Resolved.  The Lenovo 110-151BR (Model 80TT) Computer is set-up and configured differently than most computers on the market by other manufactures. 

When you insert the Memory Card (SD/SDHC/SDXC/MMC) into the Lenovo 110-151BR (Model 80TT) Computer socket – you must insert it “upside-down” in order for the Lenovo 110-151BR (Model 80TT) Computer to properly read it.  Most other computers by other manufactures – you always insert the Memory Card (SD/SDHC/SDXC/MMC) right-side up with the Memory Card (SD/SDHC/SDXC/MMC) top text/main-side facing you.   But Lenovo wanted to be a little different I guess. 

Well anyway – everything is working fine (no additional drivers needed) …. again just simply flip the Memory Card (SD/SDHC/SDXC/MMC) over/upside-down and insert. (END)

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

Top kudoed Authors