Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

15 Posts

12-04-2016

India

25 Signins

165 Page Views

• Views: 165
  • Message 1 of 2

310 15ikb - My laptop is too slow and my productivity suffer with it, how I should upgrade ?

2016-12-18, 9:31 AM

This is my first thread here.

I have got Ideapad 310 15ikb I5 1TB and 4GB RAM. 

Before this I have Intel 4440 (6MB cache and 16GB RAM) which I used for Visual Studio , MySQL and other programming work.

Going back to 4GB RAM is not looking good to me. For first 2 days I have this PC I only update update and update now it's working but it's stop me for 2-3 seconds I take one action.

I am looking for update RAM. Please help me.  Can I open it myself and put RAM on it. (Like I easily does same in desktop without void warranty)

and I am looking for using SSD on my PC. I have Lenovo recovery in my laptop and I don't want to loose it. I am thinking to get 256 GB SSD. Is that possible to setup this (all parition) to SSD. or better I looking for ISO which I can install on my SSD once I install it.

So My question is I want to upgrade RAM and HDD both. Plese let me know about both options,

Thanks in advanced.

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

Options

919 Posts

07-05-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1521 Signins

5917 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 5917
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: 310 15ikb - My laptop is too slow and my productivity suffer with it, how I should upgrade ?

2016-12-19, 11:18 AM

wrote:

This is my first thread here.

I have got Ideapad 310 15ikb I5 1TB and 4GB RAM. 

Before this I have Intel 4440 (6MB cache and 16GB RAM) which I used for Visual Studio , MySQL and other programming work.

Going back to 4GB RAM is not looking good to me. For first 2 days I have this PC I only update update and update now it's working but it's stop me for 2-3 seconds I take one action.

I am looking for update RAM. Please help me.  Can I open it myself and put RAM on it. (Like I easily does same in desktop without void warranty)

and I am looking for using SSD on my PC. I have Lenovo recovery in my laptop and I don't want to loose it. I am thinking to get 256 GB SSD. Is that possible to setup this (all parition) to SSD. or better I looking for ISO which I can install on my SSD once I install it.

So My question is I want to upgrade RAM and HDD both. Plese let me know about both options,

Thanks in advanced.

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

Hi anirugu91,

Most manufactures say that as long as the unit is not damaged in the process and if a repair is required then it would have to have the original parts in it for the warranty work to be completed. Also as long as no VOID labels are broken in the process.

Recovery media is available for purchase and you will need to contact your Lenovo Support centre for where to get this from.

From the tech spec's of your unit, The RAM is a 4gb Soldered chip so not able to be upgraded.

Hope this help you and let us know how you get on

=====================================================================================
Did someone help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms