Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Flex14-User
What's DOS?
Views: 1,058
Message 1 of 8

Flex 14 - F2/Volume down key stuck on

On a Lenovo Flex 14 Ideapad, and out of the blue, the touchpad stopped responding, and the volume on all sounds went to zero. A volume level adjustment indicator bar appeared upper left, pegged to the bottom (zero level). The F3/volume-up key will raise the volume, but it immediately goes down. Thinking a piece of debris was wedged in there, I have used air cleaner around the F2/volume-down key, repeatedly restarted the beast. I don't need this key at all . would like to disable it if I can't fix it. the volume rocker on the side doesn't do anything. Any ideas or help?  As is, the computer is useless unless a USB mouse is plugged in.  Apparently the F2/Volume down key interrupts preempt the trackpad, so no cursor control is possible. 
screencap:  http://1drv.ms/22nPDGs

Mod's Edit: System model added to front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

LCB
Paper Tape
Views: 1,001
Message 2 of 8

Re: F2/Volume down key stuck on

I have the same problem. I tried to disable the function key with SharpKeys. (Disable media volume down)
This helped the volume problem, but doesn't solve the trackpad problem.
LCB
Paper Tape
Views: 988
Message 3 of 8

Up-date:

I just had contact with the service desk. They asked me to turn of the laptop and remove the battery. After this I had to push the on button five times. Then put the battery back in and restart. Unfortunately this didn't work.

She advised me to make a back-up and after this to push the little button next to the on button. This will restart the system from basic. I'll do this in the weekend and keep you posted.

If you use an USB mouse you can work with the computer. This problem only occures with the pad.

LCB
Paper Tape
Views: 941
Message 4 of 8

Unfortunately this didn't help either. Now using Window's 10. Also no good. Next option is to change the keyboard. Keep you posted....

C4L3B
What's DOS?
Views: 792
Message 5 of 8

Thanks, Sharpkeys helped to disable the "volume down" key ! However, the touchpad still is not working. I'm pretty annoyed because I can't afford to send my computer to repair and wait weeks >< 

evepug
What's DOS?
Views: 748
Message 6 of 8

Re: Flex 14 - F2/Volume down key stuck on

Same thing happened to me, but on my lenovo yoga 11. Going to try what you guys are suggesting to get around the volume button, but i was able to get my mouse pad back by uninstalling the driver for it. No idea why it works, but it does. Just type in drivers in the search on the bar at the bottom of the screen, go to "update device drivers", click on "mice and other pointing devices", select it, go to the drivers tab and hit uninstall. It worked for me, hopefully it works for you guys too!

LCB
Paper Tape
Views: 738
Message 7 of 8

Re: Flex 14 - F2/Volume down key stuck on

Thanks evepug,

This also helped for my flex 14. Apart from the volume down button, I've got a working computer again!
LCB
Paper Tape
Views: 737
Message 8 of 8

have you seen the post of evepug?
Top Kudoed Authors