10-08-2017 04:51 AM - last edited on 10-08-2017 07:06 AM by Majestic
My laptop keyboard (Flex 14-Ideapad) not working. When I use wireless keyboard it works in a bizarre way.
I have tried following :
1) Removed the battery & unplugged laptop. Pressed power button for more than 30 s.
2) Onscreen keyboard working in same bizarre way like wireless keyboard.
3) From Control Panel, selected Ease of Access Centre, than selected Ease of keyboard use & unchecked all check boxes.
4) From login of laptop, selected Ease of access centre & unchecked use of laptop keyboard.
All the above things are not working.
Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.
Solved! Go to Solution.
10-15-2017 02:00 PM
Thanks for using the Lenovo forums.
Try running an LSC scan, see if this is able to find anything for you
1. Please click on the following link
2. Under the section ‘Download’ select the relevant Hyperlink dependant on whether your Lenovo is running Windows 7/8/8.1 32 bit or 64 bit.
3. When prompted, select save and browse to a drive and directory in which to save the downloaded files.
4. Navigate to the folder where you saved the installation file, lscsetup_x86_26001.exe.
5. Double-click the installation file icon to start the installation.
6. Follow the onscreen instructions via the installation wizard that will install Lenovo Solution Centre on your system.
7. Once installed you will have a ‘Lenovo Solution Centre’ icon on your desktop please click to open this.
8. Once solution center is opened please select ‘Checkup’ then ‘Hardware Scan’ and ‘Full Scan’
9. This will take up to 20 minutes, see if this can find any errors.
Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.
Did someone help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.
10-15-2017 09:38 PM
10-22-2017 06:55 AM
11-08-2017 08:15 AM
01-06-2018 03:10 PM - edited 01-07-2018 12:16 PM
Lenovo Flex 3 1580 80R4
Original HD with W10 was replaced with SSD and W7 installed. Worked perfect for 6 month.
Keyboard was stopping working. Sometimes restart was helping but most of the time didn’t.
Tried everything except reinstalling OS’s on HD’s:
Starting in Safe Mode
Updating/changing Keyboard driver
Replacing SSD with original
Nothing helped! I was really mad and about to throw it away!
Finally, helped reconnection of small keyboard cable! Making sure it was connected well. Previous reconnection of big cable didn’t help. Recalled drop of the laptop before problem started.
Now back to SSD. Works well now for more than one month with all of the moves and drops including the travel across the Atlantic and drops at all of the checkpoints.
01-14-2018 02:28 PM
Had the same issue, I ended up calling Lenovo support. What Tech Support had me do and solved the issue for me was shut down the computer. Then hold the power button for 20 seconds. Then there's a rainbow arrow icon next to a reset type of button near the power button. Using a safety pin, press that button for 3 seconds. That starts the computer to the BIOS setup screen. Press the F9 button to set the BIOS back to the defaults and press F10 to save the settings. The computer will reset and the keyboard seemed to be working back to normal like it had been.
I hope this helps others in the future.