English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

7 Posts

11-12-2015

US

14 Signins

98 Page Views

• Views: 98
  • Message 1 of 2

Flex 2 15 - Replacing motherboard (ebay) -

2018-05-30, 22:46 PM

The important piece of background, the existing computer won't even boot to BIOS.  It's the restart loop, and I've searched extensively and tried pretty much everything suggested here and in a few other boards, so I believe at this point it's time to shop for a motherboard or possibly an identical machine.

I know in some ways, my Windows install is partially tied to my hardware, so there could be activation hurdles.

Q1: If I buy a new motherboard and put it all back together, will the computer work as it did before? 

Q2: Similarly, if I found an identical Flex 2 15 used, same question?  

Options

9674 Posts

11-30-2015

PH

6737 Signins

727523 Page Views

• Views: 727523
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Flex 2 15 - Replacing motherboard (ebay) -

2018-05-31, 15:47 PM

Hi ohnxtampa,

Greetings.

It should work as expected if it was the motherboard, isolated to cause the issue after all other troubleshooting steps done.

In effect, using the same part number of the motherboard helps assure that you are using the right one for your machine. Lenovo encompass does offer certified parts but other online resellers may have cheaper costing so just check on the return options just in case.

How to lookup and purchase Accessories, Upgrades, and FRU/CRU Replacement Parts

I hope this helps answer your query.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save