Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coblue
Paper Tape
Views: 5,805
Message 1 of 6

Flex 3 15 - Input lag in WIn 10

I upgraded my Flex 3 to Windows 10, and everything seems to work, but I'm getting extremely annoying "freezes" with input. For example, if I move the mouse (touchpad or separate USB mouse) around continuously, it will freeze for a moment once every few seconds. The same thing happens with the keyboard.

It doesn't happen at all at the lock or login screen immediately after a reboot, it only starts once I log in.

This first happened after doing a Windows 10 Upgrade from 8.1, and then again happened after doing a clean install of Win10.

Has anybody seen anything like this before?

coblue
Paper Tape
Views: 5,838
Message 2 of 6

Re: Flex 3 15 - Input lag in WIn 10

Typing it out helped, I guess, because I was able to track down the source of the problem.

The source of the issue is FMAPP.exe, which is part of the Realtek HD Audio Manager. I can't figure out what FMAPP does, though, so i just renamed the file so it can't be run, and everything is fine. Realtek doesn't even complain about it being missing.

alex3610
Paper Tape
Views: 5,685
Message 3 of 6

Does Lenovo ever read these forums?  I'd love to hear from them about this.  Looks like a bunch of other people are having the same issue as I'm sure more will as they keep making the move to Windows 10.

RichieA
What's DOS?
Views: 5,489
Message 4 of 6

I have just bought Flex 3 15 today with preinstalled Windows 10. Everything was fine at first. After updates were installed, the mouse started to lag every 5 seconds. I killed the FMAPP.EXE and now it's back to normal. Will Lenovo fix this near future?

leddown
Paper Tape
Views: 5,348
Message 5 of 6

Thanks so much! This issue has been driving me up the wall!
I too killed the FMAPP in Realtek HD Audio Manager. I have the latest Flex 3 1480 with the 6th gen i5 Skylake processor.
Former Employee
Views: 5,152
Message 6 of 6

In response to customer reports of mouse performance lagging on Flex 3 15 laptops running Windows 10, Lenovo has released an update to the Audio Driver, version 6.0.1.7624.

The updated Audio Driver can be downloaded here: http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/DS104700

Thank you,

Top Kudoed Authors