Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
Message 1 of 3 (101 Views)

Flex 3-1580 laptop screen brightness goes up and down when I plug the power adapter in.

Hi there, I have a Lenovo Flex 3-1580 Laptop. Last week, this just started happening, when I plug in the power adapter, the screen brightness goes up and down by itself for about a minute or two and then stops. The laptop doesn’t charge the battery. I tried a different power adapter and cable but did the same thing.

Is this a battery issue or a laptop hardware issue?

Paper Tape
Message 2 of 3 (57 Views)

Re: Flex 3-1580 laptop screen brightness goes up and down when I plug the power adapter in.

Hey Johnny, I have a flex 3 laptop too it's actually pretty normal. What's happening is once you plug it in to your charger I'm guessing the power setting changes to High performance which then also changes your screen brightness to the highest setting. This could also be due to an antivirus you're using, Im using bitdefender and it has battery profile thing and it basically switches the battery settings too when plugged in. Hope I answered your question Smiley Happy Short answer nope not a hardware issue
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 3 (47 Views)

Re: Flex 3-1580 laptop screen brightness goes up and down when I plug the power adapter in.

Hi, thanks for the suggestion. One thing that I forgot to mention is the fact that it won't charge anymore. Works fine when plugged in. I was at one of my clients office with the same Flex units and tried one of their AC adapters and it does the same thing. Screen does it's light and dark thing for about a minute then stops but it never charges the battery. I think there is something wrong with the hardware now but not sure. It was an 'all of a sudden' issue that started a week ago.

Top kudoed Authors