Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Paper Tape
Message 1 of 6 (160 Views)

Flex 4 1480 and virtualization

Hello all,

I am strongly considering purchasing a Flex 4.  This model in particular:

https://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Lenovo-Ideapad-Flex-4-1480-80VD-Signature-Editi...

I know the processor supports virtualization, but I'm unsure if virtualization is enabled in the bios or if it is supported by the Motherboard.  Can anyone provide an answer so I can pull the trigger on this thing?  I need it as a lightweight mobile web development PC.

Paper Tape
Message 2 of 6 (143 Views)

Re: Flex 4 1480 and virtualization

Ok. I just called tech support. They couldn't answer this question. Seriously. Their tech support people could not answer this question. I am not in a position to order it right now because by the time I get back to the United States the return period will have lapsed. I need it the day I get home because my personal laptop is going out on me. I'm posting this from my work laptop which does not support what I need since it is company provided. Seriously can anyone answer this?
Punch Card
Message 3 of 6 (124 Views)

It is a bit strange that tech support couldn't answer your question. I can't give you a direct answer myself unfortunately, but just about every laptop and Intel-based tablet I have used the past few years (amongst them a Yoga 2 Pro and Yoga 900S) has had the option to enable virtualisation in BIOS settings, so I would be *very* surprised if the Flex didn't. This link also seems to suggest that all modern Lenovo laptops should have the BIOS option: https://support.lenovo.com/de/en/solutions/ht500006

Paper Tape
Message 4 of 6 (115 Views)

I saw that link but I am unfamiliar with Lenovo products to be honest.  It says "idea" not "ideapad," and I know that is probably semantics.  I may take a chance and try one.  Maybe I'll get lucky and someone will be able to confirm before I go ahead and buy it.  I'd feel better about it.  I'll hold off a few weeks that way I'm still within the return period by the time I get home.  I just hope it makes it to my house before I get there because I will need it when I get home.

Punch Card
Message 5 of 6 (104 Views)

As far as I can tell 'idea' refers to Ideapads; the support request for my Yoga 900S lists the 'brand' as 'idea' at least. In any case, it is probably a good idea to order the laptop such that you're still within the return window when you get it since other things could go wrong. Microsoft will likely process your order pretty quickly anyway. Good luck!

Paper Tape
Message 6 of 6 (82 Views)

I'll give it a shot.  I just wish someone could give me a straight up answer.  I'm more upset at the Lenovo tech support.  These are things they should know.

Top Kudoed Authors