English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

04-09-2017

US

3 Signins

21 Page Views

• Views: 21
  • Message 1 of 4

Flex4-1130 won't boot. No response to service request

2017-04-09, 23:23 PM

I submitted a service request--to which I have still received no response--on 4/4 because my Flex4 got stuck in a windows repair look. I did plenty of research and figured out I needed to get a recovery disc from Lenovo. I tried to do that and found out I needed to download and create my own instead. Fine. I bought a flash drive, downloaded the files, and tried to boot the Flex4 from the flash drive. It didn't work. I did some more research and read that maybe I needed to make the boot partition on the flash drive active. I did that. The Flex4 still won't boot. Yes, I've changed the BIOS options to boot from USB first. Yes, in the boot menu, it recognizes the flash drive as a boot option. Yet nothing ever works. The laptop comes to the Lenovo screen with the spinning icon, and it just spins. I've left it overnight and it will still be spinning 8 hours later. 

Today, I got an e-mail from Lenovo saying my issue has been resolved. I checked the status on the Lenovo web site and it says the same thing. That's very interesting since I never received ANY response from Lenovo about my actual problem. After seeing the message about the closed ticket, I tried to submit a new ticket. I got an e-mail from Lenovo with the subject: Lenovo Service Request: Processing Error. The e-mail said: "Thank you for contacting us. Unfortunately, your service request could not be created automatically by our system." So they didn't solve my issue, didn't even respond to it, closed my ticket, and won't allow a new ticket. What the hell? 

So here are my questions for the forums:

1) Has anyone been able to solve this problem and would you be able to help me figure it out?

2) Does Lenovo actually support their products? I've noticed that the web site is unusable on mobile, their e-mails are pretty much unreadable on mobile, the English use for their English language sites and e-mail is bad, this longstanding problem has been known but not resolved for years, and--as I've said--they apparently close tickets without even responding to the problem. Did I make a huge mistake buying a Lenovo, or is this just a uniquely screwy chain of events? 

Solved! See the solution
Options

2297 Posts

04-17-2014

US

3347 Signins

40975 Page Views

• Views: 40975
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Flex4-1130 won't boot. No response to service request

2017-04-10, 4:23 AM

I don't know the exact configuration of your BIOS, put you may have to disable secure boot. Also, try downloading the official media creation tool from Microsoft, but note that this wipes everything, including Lenovo software and drivers: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

You can try the support chat option by entering your information on http://support.lenovo.com

You can also call 1-877-453-6686. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Lenovo Forums have transitioned to a new platform. The team is working hard to bring new features and make the forums better than it was before!

The 'Search' function is currently down. In the interim, please get help through browser searches.

Please ensure the option 'Subscribe me automatically to all discussions I have participated in' is enabled under your forum settings. That way, you'll be notified if anyone replies to your thread!

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

11 Posts

01-10-2017

SI

12 Signins

131 Page Views

• Views: 131
  • Message 3 of 4

2017-04-10, 4:59 AM

I have to dissaptoint you - I have pretty much the same experience - Lenovo support means that you do not have it. No responses, not useful.

Though, I am in general still satisfied with my Lenovo computer.

One exception is that I had problems with the Lenovo built in camera and still have. Neverthless, this problem is partially resolved. I use the generic Realtek driver (instead of the Lenovo's one) and after starting it takes some time that it begins to work. I switch on Skype, choose tools - set up video and then it takes several minutes that the camera switch on. But then it works, also in the "Camera" for Windows 10 programme.

Options

2 Posts

04-09-2017

US

3 Signins

21 Page Views

• Views: 21
  • Message 4 of 4

2017-04-10, 23:48 PM

Thank you, Eric. I had disabled secure boot during this process, but thank you for the suggestion. If I use the MS media creation tool, will the OS key in BIOS be enough to avoid licensing issues? If I can do this without depending on Lenovo's non-existent customer service, I'm all for it. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete