Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Message 1 of 2 (463 Views)

Ideapad 100-15IBD - Voided warranty?

[ Edited ]

My lenovo idea pad 100-15ibd ran into a problem while I was on it, not allowing me to do anything. So I turned the laptop off, and tried to turn it back on. When I did this it went into an auto repair, trying to fix disc errors. I let this run for more then 40 hours, before finally stopping it and turning the laptop off. When I did this, anytime I tried to turn the laptop on it would just sit on the Lenovo splash art, and I couldn't bring up a console with f8.

At this point I started looking up support on the forums, and found something about cutting all power, and removing the battery. To do this with my Ideapad, I had to take it apart, some. I DID break a lenovo sticker, that was hiding a screw. I assume that is how they would know if it had been opened. Cutting the power didn't work, so instead I took it to a nearby compute repair store. They told me it would likely cost more then half the laptops worth to fix, because it needed a new hard drive, and to be completely reset.

So I'm really just trying to see, if the one year warranty that IS still active, according to your website, had been fully voided; And if I'm just going to have to suck it up and drop the benjis.  Or if there is a chance that I could still have it fixed through its warranty. Any help is appreciated. 

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity. Also removed the underlining from entire post for better readability.

Community Moderator
Message 2 of 2 (439 Views)

Re: Ideapad 100-15IBD - Voided warranty?

[ Edited ]

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

Sorry hear of your problem.  Most Lenovo Service Centers realize that folks will open their laptops in order to upgrade the various components.  Although opening the cover on a model like yours will void the warranty, the service center at times overlook that fact provided no damage was done.  The best I can say is contact Lenovo Support and explain the situation to them and get their opinion.  Regardless of what I write here, they will have the ultimate say as to whether the warranty is voided.  You might also check to see if there is a service center in your area where you could bring the machine in and explain the problem in person.  You can use the Service Locator below to see what is in your area......

http://lenovo.force.com/bplocator

Lenovo Support - USA
1-877-453-6686
24 hours a day 7 days / week

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't respond to unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue,      posting in the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Top kudoed Authors