Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sumusuporta
Punch Card
Views: 595
Message 1 of 15

Ideapad 110 - ram 4gb only

why is my lenovo laptop only has 4gb i search the net but no one has a 4gb it all has 8gb mine is 4gb only how come, it only has 4gb but in the site has 8gbScreenshot_20170731-021527.png

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 589
Message 2 of 15

Re: ram 4gb only

Could you go into task manager, performance and post a screen shot of memory?

You only have 1 memory slot It should be 8 GB.

Also download CPU-z.

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

Post a screen shot of the SPD tab and Memory tab.

Sumusuporta
Punch Card
Views: 550
Message 3 of 15

windows.png

Sumusuporta
Punch Card
Views: 549
Message 4 of 15

there it only has 4gb only but the model was 8gb said in the lenovo siteUntitled.pngUntitled2.png

sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 539
Message 5 of 15

It clearly shows you have 4GB. Contact seller with these screen shots.

You stated Newegg purchase, not Lenovo purchase.

Sumusuporta
Punch Card
Views: 527
Message 6 of 15

is there any way that lenovo has launched this laptop with only 4gb
Sumusuporta
Punch Card
Views: 527
Message 7 of 15

it only has 4gb said in the label

look at that

Label Image Removed

Mod's Edit:  Image removed for the owner's protection as it showed the serial number of the system.  Please edit out the serial number if you wish to repost the image.  Thanks!

CyberSimian
Bit Torrent
Views: 522
Message 8 of 15

Sumusuporta wrote:
is there any way that lenovo has launched this laptop with only 4gb

It is my understanding that Lenovo produce slightly-different versions of each laptop model, intended for different countries. The Lenovo subsidiary (or the Lenovo importer) will sell the laptop variants that they think best fit the preferences of the people in that country. In countries that are less affluent, the models sold are likely to have a lower specification, in order to make them more affordable for the people in that country. So these models may have less RAM, a slower CPU, a smaller disk, an HDD instead of an SSD, no keyboard backlighting, and so on.

In this internet age, a common mistake is to read a specification or a review on an international website, and then think that the model that you purchase from your local supplier will be identical to the model reviewed. Not so. Example: the review of the 500-15ISK on www.notebookcheck.com stated that the laptop had a matt screen, but the one that I purchased in the UK had a glossy screen.

You should look carefully at the seller's specifications of the model that you actually purchased (from www.lenovo.ph ?). If those specifications state that the laptop should have 8 GB RAM, then complain and insist that it is provided.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Johnnythegeek
802.11n
Views: 512
Message 9 of 15

Re: Ideapad 110 - ram 4gb only

Different hardware profiles even though its the same model. If you want more RAM you can upgrade it, the 110 only has one slot so you would have to replace the 4 GB with a larger capacity. 

sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 508
Message 10 of 15

Re: Ideapad 110 - ram 4gb only

Your model is 80TR003RPH As stated above, Lenovo makes different models for different markets/vendors/price points. Could you state who you purchased the machine from and maybe a weblink?

Please repost picture of your shipping box without the serial number showing.

Top Kudoed Authors