Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bubbabong
Paper Tape
Views: 574
Message 1 of 2

Ideapad 300-15ISK, Machine Type80Q7 installing windows 7 question about drivers

Hi I am planning to do a fresh install of windows 7 64bit on this laptop (currently running windows 10).

I only have this laptop so I want to download the important drivers before reinstalling. I'm thinking the usb ports wont work til I install the usb drivers and neither will the ethernet / wireless.

Is the best solution downloading the ethernet driver and burning it to a cd rom? Then once I have installed the ethernet driver and have internet access it should be easy to find the rest of the drivers I need.

Will any of the USB's work without drivers?

Are there any critical drivers that will need to be installed prior to the ethernet driver? Or can I simply download the rest once I get internet access

CyberSimian
Bit Torrent
Views: 519
Message 2 of 2

Re: Ideapad 300-15ISK, Machine Type80Q7 installing windows 7 question about drivers

Bubbabong wrote:

Hi I am planning to do a fresh install of windows 7 64bit on this laptop (currently running windows 10).

The drivers that you need for Windows 7 are available from this web site.  Start at the following page and change the operating system from "Windows 10" to "Windows 7":

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/gb/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/300-series/300-15isk/downloads

If your 300-15ISK has a built-in CD/DVD drive, installing Windows 7 from a DVD is easy.  I have done that with a 500-15ISK. 

If your 300-15ISK does not  have a built-in CD/DVD drive, installing Windows 7 is cumbersome.  The Windows 7 install image does not have the drivers necessary to operate the USB sockets, so an attempt to install WIndows 7 from a USB memory stick or a USB CD/DVD drive fails soon after starting.

If this is the case, you will need to slip-stream the USB drivers into the install image.  Intel have provided an application to help you do this:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25476/Windows-7-USB-3-0-Creator-Utility

Some people have found that this utility worked first time, but others have not been able to get it to work at all.  So I suggest that you read the help for it and follow the instructions very carefully (I have not used it myself).

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Top Kudoed Authors