cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lisa123
Paper Tape
Message 1 of 6

Ideapad 300 Freezes

My new Ideapad 300 frequently freezes while web surfing - most often while in Facebook.  I have to shut down the lid and open it again to get it operating again. Sometimes I have to shut and open the lid a couple of times.  Is this a hardware problem or a software problem?

dperrino
Paper Tape
Message 2 of 6

Re: Ideapad 300 Freezes

I have a Lenovo Yoga-3 Pro and it does the exact same thing.  It arbitratily STOPS.  However my computer stops while doing anything, browser, Word, Excel, anything.  I have done all the hardware checks and contacted support.  They really had no solution that I did not already try. 

The number of problems I have had with this machine in 14-m of ownership have been so overwhelming I have ordered a new non-Lenovo laptop.  I cannot take it any longer.

Bowmanii
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 6

Did you ever find a solution? I have the same problem. I even stall when typing a letter etc. Facebook will just lockup as you described. My display driver stops then recovers all the time. IBM needs a reality check!

dperrino
Paper Tape
Message 4 of 6

Yes, I ditched the Lenovo and bought a Dell XPS-13.  Lenovo is difficult to work with even when offering to PAY for service to come and repair - they simply would NOT do it.  I will never buy another Lenovo product - ever.

Basim
Paper Tape
Message 5 of 6

Bought the lenovo ideapad 300; core i7 2.5 GHz, 4GB ram, 500 gb hard disk, 15.6" hd led. Unboxed it and after setting up windows and few minutes of browsing on facebook, the screen froze. Keyboard and mouse didnt work. Thought it just happened for once and wont occur again. Switched off and back on again. After few minutes of browsing, it froze again!

Reinstalled the windows; A complete and clean install of all drives. Now the screen still freezes on browsing however the mouse works. Keyboard doesnt.. Reinstalled windows again. Same problem occurs.. 

Utterly dissapointed by this product. Hoped to finish off some work on the new laptop but hopes dashed off completely..!

Basim
Paper Tape
Message 6 of 6

Figured out a solution. Its not an issue with the laptop hardware. Screen frequently freezes whenever I'm using Microsoft Edge. Checked the task manager and edge is consuming hell lot of RAM. So I installed Chrome and its been working fine since then. Zero freezes. 

RAM gets overloaded on edge and gets frozen. Searched this issue on the internet and many people are experiencing the same issue. 

whats surprising is that edge being a slick browser is facing such problem. Anyways, laptop is working pretty smooth now..

Top Kudoed Authors