English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

7 Posts

10-02-2016

GB

12 Signins

125 Page Views

• Views: 125
  • Message 1 of 4

Ideapad 305 Warranty issue,BIG ISSUE, anyone had problem with lenovo costumer service or warranty?

2016-10-28, 11:01 AM

I bought a brand new Lenovo ideapad 305 from Argos. It has buzzing noise since I bought it. Called the Lenovo support centre in UK and the lady told me politely it is better if I take it back to Argos and they will help me. So I did that. The problem is, that Argos is really noise, of course we couldn't hear the noise as it is not that loud, but I am pretty sure, there is some problem. The lady told me she cannot do anything as we can't hear anything. Not the noise why I am woirred about. I am worried about the impact that can happen in the future, and maybe it will be after my warranty is expired. So my question is, why do I have a bloody warranty for the laptop if noone lift even a finger to help me? Is anyone had problem with Lenovo warranty or customer service?

Options

11 Posts

01-31-2016

Mesick, MI

9 Signins

124 Page Views

• Views: 124
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Ideapad 305 Warranty issue,BIG ISSUE, anyone had problem with lenovo costumer service or warrant

2016-10-29, 2:49 AM
Not being from Great Britain I can't really tell you what to do. I had a similar issue here in the US, and returned the notebook entirely to the store. It was very inconvenient, however when I bought a new one they gave me a small discount.

I would look at their return policy, and see if you could still return it for a refund/in store credit. Then you could purchase another one, or go to a different store.

I believe I found a good link where you can avoid going to the store, and handle the issue online even if you are past the 30 day return policy. Says in there after 30 day return but before 1 year they can still help you.

https://www.argos.co.uk/help/returns-and-refunds/

Hope for the best!
Options

7 Posts

10-02-2016

GB

12 Signins

125 Page Views

• Views: 125
  • Message 3 of 4

Re: Ideapad 305 Warranty issue,BIG ISSUE, anyone had problem with lenovo costumer service or warrant

2016-10-31, 18:53 PM

Hi, 

Thanks for your reply. unfortunately it is not possible to refund this item. When I bought it they told me that. No wonder why. 

Options

811 Posts

07-10-2016

GB

3145 Signins

83707 Page Views

• Views: 83707
  • Message 4 of 4

2016-10-31, 23:01 PM

wrote:

Argos is really noisy, and of course we couldn't hear the noise as it is not that loud, but I am pretty sure there is some problem.

I have no legal training, but my understanding of UK sales law is that you have a contract with the retailer who sold the laptop.  No contract exists between you and the manufacturer of the laptop.  (Perhaps there ought to be, but that is a different discussion.)  So in law your recourse is against the retailer, not the manufacturer.

As you have already tried returning the laptop in person, I would suggest that you obtain the postal address of the managing director of Argos, and send them a typed/written letter (not email) explaining the situation, and especially making the point about the Argos shop being too loud to hear the noise.  Be polite and reasonable, not abusive.  The letter will be opened by one of the managing director's secretaries, who will redirect it to (probably) the head of customer relations.  The best outcome would be for the head of customer relations to instruct the shop to accept the returned laptop and give you a full refund.  Second choice is a replacement unit, and third choice is for the shop to accept the laptop for repair.

If none of that works, you could either:

(1) Start a legal action against Argos in the Small Claims Court, or

(2) Sell the laptop on Ebay and buy a replacement from QVC (the TV shopping channel).  Yes, there is probably less choice and it may be more expensive, but QVC offer a 30-day no-quibble money-back guarantee.  This means that if you return it within 30 days, the purchase price will be refunded in full (excludes the delivery charge), even if there is nothing wrong with it.

Good luck.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete