11-08-2016

HK

2 Signins

29 Page Views

• Views: 29
  • Message 1 of 7

Ideapad MIIX goes freeze and turn into a black screen all the time

2016-11-08, 13:36 PM

I just brought the Ideapad the week before Halloween. My very first time buying Lenovo ends up a disaster and somehow I have lost confidence in this brand.

After just one week of usage, it suddenly freeze and turn into a black screen, with the power light on, yet never able to turn on the screen no matter what buttons I press. Black screen can turn up in the middle of documents typing. When I'm out to toilet or kitchen, back to the seat, oh it's the forever black screen again. 

I thought something wrong with the sleep mode, so I press NEVER so that the computer will never go to sleep mode. But it was useless.

Scan for problems. No errors.

Try doing updates. Nothing change.

Last week I phoned the Lenovo hotline for help, the staff taught me to change the power setting. Nope, it didn't work as well. 

At first it's just two to three times a day, and now it can happen like once or even twice an hour. The computer freeze all the time and have to go restart all the time, and it sometimes freeze in the start screen. And freeze when surfing on internet, not a black screen, yet not able to move the mouse. Freeze Freeze Freeze, everything is getting worse.

What can I do?

For reference, I have never installed games. All I have installed are Evernote, Chrome and LibreOffice.

Options

124 Posts

04-10-2016

GB

187 Signins

1132 Page Views

• Views: 1132
  • Message 2 of 7

Re: Ideapad MIIX goes freeze and turn into a black screen all the time

2016-11-08, 16:53 PM

Mine developed the same fault (Miix 700 full spec). I sent it back for repair on 20 October and am still waiting. Before that I tried several options, including a complete Windows reinstall, but the problem persisted. So I am now disappointed in the unit itself..  (particularly as I think from your post this is perhaps a not uncommon issue), the service (I still don't know when I will get it back - the last update i had was on 28.10 saying a part was needed), and the warranty (I should not have to wait this long, I should have a replacement by now). To top it off I have not been able to access online support at all today (that was why I originally came to post - not sure if this is just me, but it's happenin in 2 browsers and on my phone so I suspect not)... this most definitely NOT a good experience... and I feel completely helpless I don't know how to escalate/ complain or anything. very poor indeed for a premium product with a premium price. Any moderators reading this thread PLEASE ADVISE..... 

Options

124 Posts

04-10-2016

GB

187 Signins

1132 Page Views

• Message 3 of 7

2016-11-08, 17:12 PM

Oh dear oh dear. There is definitley a proper issue here 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Windows-based-Tablets/Ideapad-MIIX-goes-freeze-and-turn-into-a-black-screen-all-the/m-p/3476267/highlight/false#M6556

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Windows-based-Tablets/Miix-700-Black-screen/m-p/3450305/highlight/false#M6232

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Windows-based-Tablets/Miix-700-fail-to-start/m-p/3462383/highlight/false#M6407

How do we get some attention on this. This is product recall turf surely?!

Options

2 Posts

11-08-2016

HK

2 Signins

29 Page Views

• Views: 29
  • Message 4 of 7

2016-11-09, 7:04 AM

If it is a common problem, even a replacement does no good. Just another two weeks and black screen again and time for the second replacement LOL

Gosh I work as a freelancer and I need a computer. If I really get it to fix I will be unable to do my job. If I buy a new one... then it is pointless to get it to fix. Dump it straight away would be a better choice.

Options

124 Posts

04-10-2016

GB

187 Signins

1132 Page Views

• Message 5 of 7

2016-11-09, 7:12 AM

Oh dear  me too   they should really do a recall 

Options

124 Posts

04-10-2016

GB

187 Signins

1132 Page Views

• Message 6 of 7

2016-11-14, 18:27 PM

I'm seeing if we can pool resources here https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Windows-based-Tablets/Miix-Power-Issues-possible-product-issue-anyone-else-with-same/m-p/3477855#M6583

Options

124 Posts

04-10-2016

GB

187 Signins

1132 Page Views

• Message 7 of 7

2017-04-10, 15:51 PM

Well my correspondence with this delightful company seems to have come to a close (see below). They made me an insulting offer of 10% off an online purchase, and refused to acknowledge any wider issues existed. I hope I never have to deal with them again....

Not once did anyone call backIt's not a small number of devices judging from the number of contributors on the forum threads.The likelihood of me purchasing anything else from Lenovo is 0% so no I'm not happy as it is of no value, as with the first.This was my second Lenovo, and I am always a loyal customer unless there is good reason not to be - I now have more reasons than I care to name. If this repaired machine develops the same fault I have no idea what I will do. Thank you at least for the courtesy of replying, but I am a sorely unhappy customer, to the point I will do all I can to publicise your appalling service. I'm appalled that you think any of what happened is acceptable.Honestly this is the worst customer service I have dealt with in all my years. Well done! 

On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 2:58 PM, Lenovo EMEA Complaint Management <sfdc-cmt@lenovo.com> wrote:Dear Mr $$$ I can assure you that when I initially clarified our escalation process, I did also ensure that contact is made straight away when an issue is raised. Again, please accept my apology for not receiving any call.  In regards to the Miix 700’s, we take all repair requests on a case by case basis. It seems that the reported issues are only happening on a very small number of devices. I can assure you that this is not a common issue.  I’m sorry to hear that you are not happy with the suggested good will gesture. Unfortunately we do not have anything further we can supply I’m afraid.  If you have any further questions, please respond to this email. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save