English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

01-28-2016

Florida

2 Signins

22 Page Views

• Views: 22
  • Message 1 of 2

Issue with my Lenovo Edge 15 (Broadwell)

2016-01-28, 5:13 AM

I have a very strange issue with my processor underclocking.

The factory specs for this laptop state my processor is the intel i7 500U @ 2.4GHz. Which it does fine and has perfect performance. Unless my laptop is under 20 percent AND plugged in (yes, plugged in, not on battery). I fmy laptop gets low on charge and drops below 20 percent I can hardly use it at the same time it is charging because it underclocks my cpu to a max clock of .5GHz rendering my laptop extremely sluggish even when doing simple operations. Once it has charged to 20 percent or above I have to disconnect the charger and then the cpu will throttle back up and then I can reconnect the charger without it underclocking until next time it has dropped below 20 percent and I plug it in.

Please tell me if you have a suggested fix or if this may be a hardware problem (which seems a little unlikely).

For the record I have played around with every option in the advanced power settings and have it on high performance mode and everything but nothing fixes it.

Thanks in advance, Alex

Options

4 Posts

07-22-2010

1 Signins

30 Page Views

• Message 2 of 2

Re: Issue with my Lenovo Edge 15 (Broadwell)

2016-04-27, 18:36 PM
I have the same problem and I think it will have to be fixed with BIOS update.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete