Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
Message 1 of 6 (1,769 Views)

Lenovo 100-15IBD Laptop (ideapad) - can't install drivers

Hi,

I have a problem with an ideapad100 laptop which were recently bought from local retailer.

I downloaded all all relevant drivers for this model for Windows 7 Home 64bit. I'm unable to install almost none of them. Here are some of the errors I'm getting:

"This BIOS is only for Lenovo 100-14/15IBD. Your macine does not match with this BIOS." - BIOS

"No appropriate driver to be installed" - LAN Driver

"NVIDIA Installer cannot continue. This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware" - Nvidia VGA Driver

"Error 1935" - OneKey Optimizer

"This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing this software" - Intel VGA Driver

"Could not find the device for this driver" - Conexant Audio Driver

KB2685811 was fine

Realtek LAN was fine

Is it possible that they sold a laptop with wrong parts? Or do you have any other ideas?

Thanks

Paper Tape
Message 2 of 6 (1,747 Views)

Re: Lenovo 100-15IBD Laptop (ideapad) - can't install drivers

Had the same problem. Tried to install Win7 in  hope of making the HDMI output project my screen on external monitor, but gave up as got the same error messages as you did. Then installed Win 8.1 and made the external screen work...for about 5 minutes. Then installed Win 10 but external screen still ot working, tried at least 4 different VGA drivers, updated BIOS, etc.

My conclusion is that there are serious driver issues with this laptop, Win 7 do not even bother trying. 

Try Win 8.1 or 10 and let me know if you can use HDMI to project screen ,and the driver version you use!

Thanks

What's DOS?
Message 3 of 6 (1,361 Views)

I have the same problem. Not with Win7 but with Win10.  Can't install one single drivers When tried DriverPack Solution.

It says 7 drivers to install 22 to update but could neither install nor update 

What's DOS?
Message 4 of 6 (194 Views)

Hi I am having the same problem - no matter what graphics driver I try it does not work.  Even tried the intel graphics driver and many of the original drivers -  the problem stays the same is there any other option out there

What's DOS?
Message 5 of 6 (44 Views)

Hi there

Did you maybe try the official Intel Iris 5100 VGA drivers from the intel site? I just tried them on a machine and it worked perfectly, it may work for you it may not.

Just thought I would let you know

Paper Tape
Message 6 of 6 (52 Views)

At the end my problem was solved by trying several HDMI cables. I think version 1.4 solved the problem. I am usig Win10.

Top kudoed Authors