English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

8 Posts

09-25-2017

PH

14 Signins

111 Page Views

• Views: 111
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo 310 IBK - Suddenly has 100% disk usage after Windows Update

2017-11-17, 17:18 PM

I've tried installing the latest update for my laptop's drivers but after installing the Anniversary Update from Windows I've found that the start up takes too long and my disk usage has reached 100% even when it's idle. I've considered using the Novo button then everything will be back to square one. Is there any solution as to how to reduce the disk usage? It would take too long for me to re install everything.

Options

1 Posts

12-03-2018

PH

1 Signins

17 Page Views

• Views: 17
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo 310 IBK - Suddenly has 100% disk usage after Windows Update

2018-12-03, 15:46 PM

We have same laptop and same problem. My pc was running smooth with windows 8 preinstalled. Having upgraded 12gb ram. And there was anniversary update of windows 10. Although i find it quite interesting because it start and shutdown fast because of superfetch features. But the problem starts to occur on 1803 update of windows i should not updated my laptop to windows 10 because it is full of bugs. 

Anyway to answer your question 

i already tried to stop superfetch, search, update my hdd driver and change it from 0 to 1 but nothing works it always shows 100%disk and my system hangs for minutes or even more. So what i did is i startes a fresh start. It is like you are reinstalling os but you will keep you files safe and undeleted. Only apps and software will be deleted. 

To start this

click on windows then choose settings then scroll down till you see update and security. On left panel you will see recovery. Chose the first one RESET THIS PC and click get started to begin. It will take hours keep it connected to power. Hope this will help you too. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete