Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

10-18-2015

United States

3 Signins

77 Page Views

• Views: 77
  • Message 1 of 4

Lenovo Edge 15 laptop 80K9 battery light won't come on, power light blinks

2015-10-18, 1:50 AM

My laptop was working fine yesterday, charging and powering on an off normally. It updated without my telling it to. When it was complete (since it said don't turn computer off until finished) I either just shut the lid or I shut it down when it was done. This morning when I wake up and try to turn it on it won't power up. Then I noticed that the power button was blinking, like it is in sleep mode, tried pressing 10 times then holding down power button for 30-60 seconds and still nothing. Next I saw that although the power is plugged in the battery light won't come on. I don't know if it is charging (it could be dead). I tried a bunch of different outlets and that isn't the issue. I also listened to the computer and there is a very soft high pichted noise that dissapears if you unplug it, and that when you hit the power button and it starts blinking, the sounds changes fom high to lower pitch and back again over and over. But no other sounds or fans kicking on or drive spinning. I am pretty sure it isn't the power cord but have no way of checking. And I can't remove the battery without voiding the warrenty. Anyone have any advice, besides calling to have Lenovo send me a box to send it back to Lenovo since it is only 4 months old and still under warrenty?

Options

14 Posts

09-16-2015

United Kingdom

17 Signins

68 Page Views

• Views: 68
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo Edge 15 laptop 80K9 battery light won't come on, power light blinks

2015-10-18, 5:42 AM

Suggest you eliminate problem

1. Do you have spare power supply unit? Worth trying that first. Your battery may be in sleep mode and won't wake up as battery is drained and hence needs charging.

2. You can go to local retailer and suspect a good one (John Lewis) will let you charge it for 30 mins. Ideally go back to person you bought it from.

3. Once you are in use restore to go back to last working point.

I have to telll you the support from Lenovo and Microsoft was very very very disappointing. I tried to even return the PC and swop for HP as mine is only 2 months old. However, the answer was send back to Lenovo.

Hope you find a way to get it charged

Options

6 Posts

10-18-2015

United States

3 Signins

77 Page Views

• Views: 77
  • Message 3 of 4

2015-10-20, 21:11 PM
Thanks, I am pretty sure I am just going to have to send it back to Lenovo and then not upgrade it to windows 10 untill they have figured out these major issues. I am highly dissapointed with Microsoft and Lenovo. I have never bought anything except Dell laptops and Samsung chromebooks and tablets. And never will. This was a present, I should have returned!
Options

1 Posts

08-17-2016

Canada

4 Signins

23 Page Views

• Views: 23
  • Message 4 of 4

2016-08-17, 22:56 PM

Did you ever find out what the problem was? Because I'm having the exact same problems.  And if they taught you how to fix it, would be very helpful.  Usually places teach me how to fix problems for the future.  But this is the first that's ever happened to me. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)