Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bensantiago
What's DOS?
Views: 396
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Edge 15, suddenly powered off and not turning back on

Hey so I have had this computer for about 3 months. It has worked perfectly fine the whole time. I had a similar model, U530, before this that worked great (it broke because of an accident on my part) as well. 

However, today I was watching the internet and it looked like the monitor quickly shut off for a second. I moved the screen forward slightly after it had come back on and the computer suddenly shut off. 

It will not come back on. When it is only using the battery the power button will not light up. When I plug in the power adapter, the power button will light up and turn off every second or so, but nothing else happens, no fan, no hard drive spinning etc...

Is there any other way to diagnose this? I tried the manual but there was no information on light patterns or any precautions if it will not turn on. 

I've tried turning unplugging the battery and holding down the power button, but to no avail...

andsowouldi
What's DOS?
Views: 290
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Edge 15, suddenly powered off and not turning back on

I just ran into this exact issue on my U530 Touch. I was just sitting there using it, unplugged, but the battery not about to die, and it just turns off randomly. When I try to turn it on, the power button lights up for a split second in response to me touching it, but that's all that happens. I've tried both plugged in and not and neither cause much of a reaction.

Any ideas?

MJae
What's DOS?
Views: 131
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Edge 15, suddenly powered off and not turning back on

Mine is doing this too, and I tried removing the battery completely once the AC adapter was unplugged, then holding the power button for 30 seconds, and then reattaching everything and nothing. 

Anybody have any answers?

Top Kudoed Authors