English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

01-26-2018

US

2 Signins

23 Page Views

• Views: 23
  • Message 1 of 1

Lenovo Flex 5 HDMI issue: Audio works but no video

2018-03-30, 4:39 AM

We've recently gotten this Flex 5 laptop with Windows 10 and we were trying to connect it to our old Panasonic TH-42PX80U TV through HDMI. The laptop detects the TV, and if I play a video the audio plays through the TV, but there is no picture.

I don't have a 2nd HDMI device to test to see if the laptop's port is bad. I have tested two HDMI cables, and in all the TV's ports.

I've spent 2 hours changing video settings, resolutions, custom resoutions, refresh rates, updating drivers, etc and nothing has changed. I've even tried setting the TV as the main display. I got to learn the Windows + Shift + Arrow key shortcut to fix that one.

My desktop connects to the TV's HDMI ports with no issue, and my DVD player connects with no issue, so I would suspect either the laptop's port, or some sort of driver issue, since Googling brings up tons of stories of issues with Lenovo HDMI ports.

Is there anything else I can to do get this to work? It was a refurbished model so it doesn't get any warranty and support from Lenovo.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save