Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
Message 1 of 7 (6,158 Views)

Lenovo Ideapad 100S shutdown problem

When I shut my 100s down, the light for the power still stays on. I think it doesn't properly shut down. 

Bit Torrent
Message 2 of 7 (6,103 Views)

Re: Lenovo Ideapad 100S shutdown problem

Akcoolguak wrote:

When I shut my 100s down, the light for the power still stays on. I think it doesn't properly shut down. 

Have you enabled the battery-conservation mode in the Lenovo "Energy Management" application?

I tried this recently on my Ideapad 700-15ISK, and noticed the same effect -- the power LED was illuminated even when the laptop was shutdown and disconnected from the mains supply.  In my case I think it occurred because the charge limit for conservation mode is 60%, but my battery charge was at 80%.  Anyway, I disabled conservation mode, shutdown the laptop, and the power LED was no longer illuminated.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

What's DOS?
Message 3 of 7 (5,913 Views)

Hello,

I cannot find energy management on my ideapad 100s? I have the same problem with shut down - the led lamp stays turned on, and I can also turn on CapsLook lamp. I have to hold power until led lamp turns of and then it is turned off properly. Any idea how to solve this?

What's DOS?
Message 4 of 7 (5,049 Views)

I'm experiencing the same issue - the blue power LED remains on after shut down unless I hold the power button (which has been set to 'turn off').

I cannot find any 'Lenovo power management' application for the Lenovo 100S.

Bit Torrent
Message 5 of 7 (5,040 Views)

nickwilcock wrote:

I'm experiencing the same issue - the blue power LED remains on after shut down unless I hold the power button (which has been set to 'turn off').   I cannot find any 'Lenovo power management' application for the Lenovo 100S.

I am not familiar with the 100S.  On older systems, "Energy Management" is a separate Lenovo application.  But on newer/current systems, energy management is part of the "Lenovo Settings" application.  Does your system have the "Lenovo Settings" application?

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

What's DOS?
Message 6 of 7 (5,035 Views)

No - there is no 'Lenovo Settings' option on my computer.  I gather that there is a downloadable program available, but it has rather indifferent reviews.

Is the cause of the incomplete shutdown some software clash thanks to yet another Win10 'feature upgrade'?

Paper Tape
Message 7 of 7 (4,147 Views)

Hi,

I am having the same problem with my 100S Ideapad. The power light always stays on after shutdown. To turn off completely I have to hold the power button down for about 5 seconds. This coincided with a Windows10 update. Before the update I didn't have this problem.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Nick

Top kudoed Authors