Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
Message 1 of 10 (4,209 Views)

Lenovo Ideapad 500-15ISK problems!

[ Edited ]

Since I opened the box I have had problems with this laptop.  I have seen a lot of people posting issues relating to the video card error - Lenovo has posted a driver solution for some models, but it has not fixed mine yet.  Aside from this error and the diagnostic failing, apps are constantly crashing, screen flashing non-stop on certain websites or doing certain functions, screen blackout, etc.  Hoping this is all related to the video card error and not some additional problem.  Anyone else having these problems?  Any timeline on the fix?  I have been trying to be patient but it's getting increasingly frustrating... especially with a $1000 brand new laptop...

Paper Tape
Message 2 of 10 (4,080 Views)

Re: Lenovo Ideapad 500-15ISK problems!

I know what you mean... very disappointed as well.
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 10 (4,058 Views)

Yes I am encountering the same problems here for the second time (after exchanging the first computer).

It is the first time I put so much money in a computer and I expected everything to go perfectly smooth. Smiley Sad Very disappointed.

What's DOS?
Message 4 of 10 (4,052 Views)

I just took my laptop out of the box... and exact same issues. Very upset.

What's DOS?
Message 5 of 10 (3,908 Views)

My monitor doesn't even light up.

Intially it did, but not now.

Same problem?  Do I need to send it in foir repair?

Paper Tape
Message 6 of 10 (3,896 Views)

you mean 'light up' as in the brightness?  I had some issues since Lenovo installed some "settings" app and i put i on auto.  very strange. i took it off auto in the end and now its fine

What's DOS?
Message 7 of 10 (3,891 Views)

Meant to say monitor stays dark, as if never powered up.

I know it is on because when the power button is depressed 15 seconds, I can hear it shut down.
Paper Tape
Message 8 of 10 (3,835 Views)

Hello, yes im having prblems also..currently the keyboard isnt working any more, its a real anoying situation. I cant even find a new driver in the support platforms..im frustrated and would like to give the thing back.

Fanfold Paper
Message 9 of 10 (3,466 Views)

Did you ever find a solution? I think I have the same problem with the graphics card (including the white vertical lines that appear in some websites as shown here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pt8eb37DBQc ). Could you please give us more updates? I gave my laptop back to where I bought it from and I'm supposed to get a refund if this was confirmed to be a hardware factory defect in the screen.
Serial Port
Message 10 of 10 (432 Views)

I can feel it brother! I'm also facing the same problem.  Things get even frustrating when your lappie gets a bluescreen error in less than 1 minute after just switching it on! God bless Lenovo and its quality.

bought on august 13, 2016, within 1 month I noticed that the screw holders were broken and damaged so bad that they are close to getting powdered. I'll attach the pics of it have a look.

After contacting Lenovo support, I submitted my laptop in an authorised service center. The upper part has been replaced and an upper case with a faulty touchpad has been awarded. I asked to place a serivce request on the spot but he neglected it and now when I ask about replacing the faulty part, they say that ADP shall not be claimed twice in a year.

There many more wonderful things about Lenovo and its service and support.

Top kudoed Authors