Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
Message 1 of 6 (486 Views)

Lenovo Ideapad 700 Hangs Once or Twice a Day

[ Edited ]

I just got the lenovo ideapad 700 and I have noticed it repeatedely gets hanged once or twice per day. I dont know why or how this is happening but it has become a regular occurence much to my annoyance. 

How should I solve this issue?

Mod's Edit: Additional information added to Subject line for clarity of issue.

Fanfold Paper
Message 2 of 6 (348 Views)

Re: Lenovo Ideapad 700 Hangs Once or Twice a Day

I have had similar issues for a few months, ever since I purchased the new machine. The machine seemed to just freeze randomly once in a while. Sometimes it automatically rebooted after freezing for a few minutes. Sometimes it just froze there without restarting for half hour, until I manually restarted it. I contacted Lenovo tech support a few times, tried various things, and still had the same problem.

So I had to send the machine to Lenovo for repair, and I had to pay the shipping fee out of pocket, because the warranty doesn't cover the shipping. But a few weeks later when I got the machine back, it still had the same random freezing problem. It seemed like Lenovo technicians only reinstalled the OS and software, which I already did on my own many times without solving the issue, which I already wrote clearly in the notes when I sent the machine in for repair.

I was furious and contacted Lenovo tech support again. This time they let me send the machine back for repair for free (they emailed me a paid shipping label). They promised to do more thorough testing on this machine. A few weeks later I got the machine back again, and found that they've replaced the SSD on the machine with a new SSD, but installed the WIndows 10 on the HDD instead of the SSD.

I used it for a while and couldn't stand the slow speed of running the OS on the HDD. So I reinstalled the OS on the SSD instead (thanks for the help from a guy on this forum, I forgot his name now). 

Now the machine is running fast, but again having the random freezing issue. I updated all drivers, and still can't get it fixed. 

It seems Lenovo tech support is no longer interested in taking the machine back for repair again. So I'm basically stuck with the machine, randomly freezing a couple of times a day. Smiley Sad

Blue Screen Again
Message 3 of 6 (335 Views)

so there is absolutely nothing that can be done apart from accepting that you are stuck with a machine that can randomly hang anytime during the day perhaps during your most critical work?

**bleep** !! I just got this machine 10 days ago

Fanfold Paper
Message 4 of 6 (311 Views)

My guess is these companies are trying to cut their cost. They don't want to spend a lot of resource on reparing low-price laptops. Maybe skills or morales or budgets at their repair centers are so low that nobody can or wants to fix hard issues.

Blue Screen Again
Message 5 of 6 (291 Views)

That is sad to hear. Well right now the situation is that my laptop is alternating, it works fine one day the next day it is compulsory that it should hang once or twice and just now it got hanged. 

That is a pity if true that lenovo support is inept or incapable of solving this problem because it is a serious one as I just purchased this machine 14 days ago and it is hanging since day 1 and now the password I entered is showing incorrect. Thankfully I had a pin put in as well.

Paper Tape
Message 6 of 6 (114 Views)

[ Edited ]

I am also facing this similar issue.

Every time Ideapad 700 hangs, I have to long press the power button and forcily restart it.

It's quite annoying because it happens at a certain interval.

Before it hangs, my cursor becomes laggy and its fan starts working. It just seems that it has a heavy load.

And I notice that most of the time this happens, Ideapad 700 uses up my full RAM (16GB) and hangs.

At first I suspect that it might have a memory leak, so I use poolmon and RamMap to investigate which app or driver use it up, but I can't find any of them takes up much RAM.

Updating VGA or touchpad drivers doesn't work. This still happens after a period of time.

Top kudoed Authors