cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Draaken
Punch Card
Views: 660
Message 1 of 1

Lenovo Ideapad 710S - Latest Realtek Audio Driver (6.0.1.7831) Removed Dolby App?

Today, I updated my Realtek Audio Driver to version 6.0.1.7831 (dated 7/21/2016). After installation, I immediately realized that the taskbar icon changed from Dolby to Realtek default icon:

Dolby Icon.PNG -> Realtek Icon.PNG

Next, I went to Programs and Features and found out that "Dolby Audio X2 Windows APP" disappeared from the list. Originally, both of these Dolby programs came with the laptop:

Dolby (Old).jpg

After the update, I was only left with this:
Dolby.PNG

The impact of this is that I can no longer toggle the different sound features provided by the Dolby App. I contacted Lenovo via online chat support but the personnel insists Dolby is not a supported program by Lenovo without giving me a valid solution or answer.

Did Lenovo omit Dolby App in the latest Audio Driver by mistake? Or did Lenovo intentionally removed it due to the vulnerability explained here: "Dolby Audio X2 (DAX2) privilege escalation" https://support.lenovo.com/sg/en/product_security/len_4884#/IdeaPad.

If anybody is facing the same issue / has any solutions / answers, kindly leave a comment below. Thank you.

Top Kudoed Authors