Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

14 Posts

06-06-2016

Singapore

21 Signins

438 Page Views

• Views: 438
  • Message 1 of 1

Lenovo Ideapad 710S - Latest Realtek Audio Driver (6.0.1.7831) Removed Dolby App?

2016-08-24, 8:32 AM

Today, I updated my Realtek Audio Driver to version 6.0.1.7831 (dated 7/21/2016). After installation, I immediately realized that the taskbar icon changed from Dolby to Realtek default icon:

Next, I went to Programs and Features and found out that "Dolby Audio X2 Windows APP" disappeared from the list. Originally, both of these Dolby programs came with the laptop:

The impact of this is that I can no longer toggle the different sound features provided by the Dolby App. I contacted Lenovo via online chat support but the personnel insists Dolby is not a supported program by Lenovo without giving me a valid solution or answer.

Did Lenovo omit Dolby App in the latest Audio Driver by mistake? Or did Lenovo intentionally removed it due to the vulnerability explained here: "Dolby Audio X2 (DAX2) privilege escalation" https://support.lenovo.com/sg/en/product_security/len_4884#/IdeaPad.

If anybody is facing the same issue / has any solutions / answers, kindly leave a comment below. Thank you.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)