Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ahmad0510
What's DOS?
Views: 2,264
Message 1 of 10

Lenovo Ideapad 710s question

Hi 

I am thinking of purchasing a 13" Lenovo ideapad 710s ($1199 model) over a MacBook air. I have been using a macbook air for several years and recently thought of getting a new laptop. Lenovo's 710s seems to be quite good on paper (except the battery life), but I couldnt find any reviews online which can tell me if the laptop is as good as Lenovo projects it to be.

If anyone has bought/used Lenovo 710s, can  you guys chime in and let me know if this laptop came on par with your expectations (esp. the battery life)?

Thanks

i7_intel36U
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,231
Message 2 of 10

Re: Lenovo Ideapad 710s question

hi.Smiley Very Happy

Here I leave you computer manual so you can compare, the battery is a consumable device that usually lasts depending on the use that will give the team being new can last an average of 3 hours, you should know that each load you do it is that you take away useful life.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Z-Base-de-conocimientos/Optimizando-el-tiempo-de-duraci%C3%B3n-de-la-ba...

Manual service:

https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/ideapad_710S-13ISK_hmm_201603.pdf

Regards.

Por favor ,marque la respuesta y así aportar a la Comunidad,al aceptar como solución
Estarás contribuyendo con otros usuarios que tengan la misma duda.
ahmad0510
What's DOS?
Views: 2,208
Message 3 of 10

Thanks i7_intel36U. I was looking more along the lines of your impression of the laptop after using it Smiley Happy

Also, is the battery life 3 hours, or did I misread something? 

i7_intel36U
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,202
Message 4 of 10

You for using the Forum.

technically speaking at full capacity without battery last longer time something else is at rest, we can talk about 6/7 hours, this is generic, almost all computers, printing and could not say much about hardware environment you need.

Regards.: Smileywink:

Por favor ,marque la respuesta y así aportar a la Comunidad,al aceptar como solución
Estarás contribuyendo con otros usuarios que tengan la misma duda.
chankoedo
Paper Tape
Views: 2,132
Message 5 of 10

I have some questions for you owners, as there are no reviews out yet!

1) What is your general impression of battery life? Let's say when surfing the www for most of the time, or streaming a movie. With its 46Wh battery capacity I would expect something between 6-7hours.

2) Do you experience some sort of coil whine? That's some noises which sound like electrical buzzes. It is barely hearable, normally only when the fan is off. Often you have to put your ear near the keyboard. That brings me to my next question:

3) How about the fan? Is it off when surfing (especially chrome), even with several tabs open? I had many ultrabooks the last time; most of them have turned on their fans even when only using CHROME for surfing. Very annoying. With the very flat casing I would not be surprised if it is also the case with the 710s.

4) Are there any distortions/vibrations of the membranes when turning on the speakers to 80-100% volume?

looking forward for your answers.

SDD-SG
Serial Port
Views: 2,119
Message 6 of 10

SDD-SG
Serial Port
Views: 2,100
Message 7 of 10

Hello

The fan came on today - for first time, I noticed it! It was perhaps triggered by heat build up - leaving it on the bed to charge blocked its vents I think. The fab itself is moderately loud initially but was quieter later as the speed decreased - I am guessing after initial cooling. 

Hope that helps.

sanndennis
Paper Tape
Views: 2,030
Message 8 of 10

I, too, am interested in knowing more about this laptop.  In particular, the display....what is the delta E, and brightness, and sRGB...I came across one review that had some "loose" reference, but not much hard data.  I am thinking of using it for some casual photo editing in addition to regular browsing, etc.

SDD-SG
Serial Port
Views: 2,022
Message 9 of 10

The display is rather poor choice for photo editing (very few windows notebooks are good). The dynamic range seem to be poor - highlights mostly seem blown out. However, it should be okay for casual photo editing in sRGB. I will calibrate the display this week and post any updates if significant. 

dr_nipun
Paper Tape
Views: 1,678
Message 10 of 10

I have seen in some other replies that the display on this laptop is actually better as it has matte finish, but not dull like other matte finished screen and it almost covers the full sRGB range. So it should be very good for photoshop works.

Top Kudoed Authors