English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

12-15-2016

US

6 Signins

55 Page Views

• Views: 55
  • Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Ideapad Flex 4 1580 keyboard configuration issue

2016-12-15, 18:14 PM

I recently purchased this laptop and did not spend any time playing on the keyboard prior to the purchase.  I am now regretting this purchase as I cannot understand nor adapt to the right shift key not being in the standard location. 

Why would Lenovo design a keyboard that would not be conducive to touch typing? I cannot seem to change my 45 years of touch typing experience to accomadate this major change.  It makes no sense.  Is anyone else having this issue and what if anything can be done about it?

Options

1 Posts

12-16-2016

US

1 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Ideapad Flex 4 1580 keyboard configuration issue

2016-12-16, 21:42 PM
I downloaded a key remapper program called KeyTweak. Remapped the PgUp key to Right Shift and the Shift key to PgUp. it did the trick for me.
Options

917 Posts

07-05-2016

GB

1521 Signins

5917 Page Views

• Views: 5917
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Ideapad Flex 4 1580 keyboard configuration issue

2016-12-19, 12:16 PM

wrote:

I recently purchased this laptop and did not spend any time playing on the keyboard prior to the purchase.  I am now regretting this purchase as I cannot understand nor adapt to the right shift key not being in the standard location. 

Why would Lenovo design a keyboard that would not be conducive to touch typing? I cannot seem to change my 45 years of touch typing experience to accomadate this major change.  It makes no sense.  Is anyone else having this issue and what if anything can be done about it?

Hi svkron,

Aside from changing fields using some registry hacks , you can also use remapping softwares too.

Herewith is a guide that you can try,

Try this version as it was known to work with Windows 10 .

Hope this help you and let us know how you get on

=====================================================================================
Did someone help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save