07-11-2018

US

3 Signins

32 Page Views

• Views: 32
  • Message 1 of 4

Lenovo Miix 320-10ICR Tablet (IdeaPad) charger

2018-07-11, 13:12 PM

I purchased the Lenovo Miix 320-10ICR Tablet (IdeaPad) on 07/24/2017 at my local Office Depot in Lake Zurich, IL.

I have two issues:

(1) According to Lenovo, the warranty started on 05/11/2017, more than two months BEFORE it was purchased. They say the warranty end date was 07/09/2018, which is two weeks LESS THAN the full year promised.

(2) The round tip of the charger has broken off and I cannot find a replacement. According to the "Hardware Maintenance Manual", the part number is 5A10N38133. It is not available on the Lenovo website. It is not available anywhere else in the United States.

The laptop is less than a year old - how am I supposed to keep it charged?

Please help! Thank you!

Options

9994 Posts

11-30-2015

PH

6784 Signins

729904 Page Views

• Views: 729904
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo Miix 320-10ICR Tablet (IdeaPad) charger

2018-07-11, 14:04 PM

Hi AnnieB345,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Here is the article guide to correct the warranty entitlement.

How to correct an incorrect Warranty Date

"If you had purchased your machine from a retailer, business partner, reseller, Lenovo starts the Base Warranty at the time the shipment was purchased by the retailer, business partner, or reseller from Lenovo. To compensate for the time the computer may have sat in a warehouse or on the shelf unsold, Lenovo generally adds an additional month to theBase Warranty, Lenovo allows date to be adjusted.

Call in technical support. Have the receipt (proof of purchase) handy to send via email so that they can have it updated and likewise inform them about the adapter so both issues would be handled at the same time.

I hope this helps answer your query.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

2 Posts

07-11-2018

US

3 Signins

32 Page Views

• Views: 32
  • Message 3 of 4

2018-07-12, 12:00 PM

Telephone support was USELESS. “Support technician” Gerny took my name, telephone number, email address, and the laptop's OS, and had me describe warranty and adapter (charger) issues to her. I twice confirmed that the adapter port on the laptop was not damaged. She still wanted to "diagnose" the issue with the broken ADAPTER by connecting to the LAPTOP via the internet. She insisted that the broken adapter was not covered under the warranty, even though it was less than one year old, and broke during normal usage, i.e. plugging and unplugging from laptop. She was unable to tell me why Lenovo could not sell me a replacement adapter, and it is not available for purchase anywhere else in the United States. She did not give me the email address where I could send a copy of my purchase receipt, so that the warranty end date could be corrected. She had enough of a foreign accent that I often had to ask her to repeat herself.

Lenovo does not offer any other way of connecting to them for support, e.g. email, "chat", etc.

I will purchase a replacement laptop from a different manufacturer. I will never purchase another Lenovo product.

Options

9994 Posts

11-30-2015

PH

6784 Signins

729904 Page Views

• Views: 729904
  • Message 4 of 4

2018-07-12, 15:08 PM

Hi AnnieB345,

Greetings.

The charger is considered an accessory part so replacement can be on case to case basis depending on how it actually broke.

Physical damage on parts usually are checked / investigated as policy goes on most OEM computer manufacturers I have been with. I personally would encourage open communication and ask for supervisor consideration if needed so that both party stays in a healthy relationship.

I suggest to give them another call on a friendly atmosphere or chat with tech support here during business hours. You can inform them of our discussion here in our community as reference to the issue if needed.

Update us how it goes.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save