01-09-2018

IN

32 Signins

129 Page Views

• Views: 129
  • Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Z 50-70 hinges warranty issue

2018-01-09, 21:59 PM

I have recently visited Lenovo service center to fix an issue with my fault keypad, as my laptop is under extended warranty a new keypad was fixed as a resolution. Service executive reported that the hinge has a problem and need to get it fixed before getting worse. After fixing the new keyboard the hinge issue became more annoying as the left hinge thread completely released and now when I re-visited the store and inquired for a fix they informed that hinge repair will not cover under warranty and forwarded a quotation for 10000 rs approx to replace the lower and upper case completely. Its hardly 2 years that I used my laptop and ran into multiple issues, before replacing the keyboard the threads are available and has a minor issue but after fixing it, threads got completely released and started making sounds, the same has been reported but there is no proper response from the executives.

Mod's Edit: Additional information added to Subject line for clarity of issue.

Options

7946 Posts

09-04-2014

SK

32491 Signins

1199120 Page Views

• Views: 1199120
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Z 50-70 hinges warranty issue

2018-01-11, 14:03 PM

hello jayleo, welcome to the Community,

If you disagree with the conclusion of a service partner you can contact Lenovo directly, I would suggest by phone, and request that the decision be reviewed. I would also suggest having a couple of good quality reasonably close up photos of the affected area ready to send them to show, hopefully, no damage to the system externally.

How to contact Lenovo, s/n required.
https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/in/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/lenovo-z-series-laptops/lenovo-z50-70/contactus

Andy

English Community Administrator
Lenovo eServices

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel answered your question as the solution. 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.
Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

2 Posts

01-09-2018

IN

32 Signins

129 Page Views

• Views: 129
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Z 50-70 hinges warranty issue

2018-02-04, 17:14 PM

Hi All,

After so many discussions it has been finally concluded, great team work from all the team members with whomever I interacted with especially for manager, I might have really appreciated if you people have given me a proper and valid solution, though the answers I received from each team are different but the conclusion is the same, I might have been happy if it was the same answer from everyone, it cleary shows that you people are not interested in considering the issue and want to charge money because of the below points.

1) Technical Consultant: He said that its a physical damage and cannot be covered under normal warranty and claimed for body parts replacement of upper and lower case which costs approx 9500 rs. I still didn't understand, issue cleary says that the problem is with lower case why does he want to change the upper case also.

2) Support Executive: She stated that its an accidental damage and cannot be covered under normal warranty and will be covered under accidental warranty. I have forwarded the images of my laptop and even informed the same to the technician that my laptop never been encountered with a physical or accidental damage. But still both of them came up with different reasons and conveys the same solution, to get it repair with the amount they suggested. I cleary asked her that my laptop never met with an accident and even the images also shows the same i.e no physical damages, so when its not because of accident why it cannot be covered under warranty and requested for a callback from her manager.

3) Operational Manager: This would be highlight, after explaining her about my laptop issue and on asking the same question why it cannot be covered under normal warranty, she said that cosmatic parts cannot be covered under warranty where I cleary understood that with whomever I address this issue they simply state whatever reason that comes into their mind and want to charge for it. Forgot to say she considered my case and given a discount of 1000rs now the repair cost is 8000rs. I might have replaced it but even if I replace it there is no warranty if it gets any issue in future again the same story repeats again another 10k.

I bought this laptop for 42,000 rs, instead of spending 10000 on it for a small issue for which there is no warranty in future I would rather take a new laptop which doesn't get into such issues in future and which has a proper warranty and good support. Here my question is why three different reasons and trying to convince me for a paid replacement.

Thank you team for all you support instead of getting it repaired I will be taking a new one. Good bye to lenovo...

Admin note; attachment showing serial numbers and other information which should not be posted removed.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete